right-click bug

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
alhagi

right-click bug

Post by alhagi »

Occasionally, when you right-click a directory, the program will lose its response and remain busy.

admin
Site Admin

Re: right-click bug

Post by admin »

How long?

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but I did encounter this from time to time.

It lasts 1 or 2 seconds before the context menu pops up.

Usually XYplorer is quite responsive, so it is pretty obvious when it hands.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's normal. The shell menu can take a while depending on the number and nature of shell extensions. This slowness is the main reason for this option to use the lightning-fast native menu instead: Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Context Menus | Native context menu

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

admin wrote: 16 Mar 2023 15:18 It's normal. The shell menu can take a while depending on the number and nature of shell extensions. This slowness is the main reason for this option to use the lightning-fast native menu instead: Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Context Menus | Native context menu
Yeah it makes sense. But the native context menu loses the ability to incorporate other options, unless I'm missing something (I read the help file this time...)

For example I have bandizip installed, and I would like to have the bandizip context menu options like "create tar file" or "smart unzip". There does not seem to have anyway to do this with native context menu.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It can be done via Tools | Customize File Associations.... If you find a way to call bandizip from there, it will be featured under "Open With..." which can be part of the native context menu (via Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Context Menus | File List...).

xuejianxianzun

Post by xuejianxianzun »

I had the same problem, and it's still the same with the current 24.50 version.
After I launch XY, if I first right-click on a folder, the program freezes for a few seconds, doesn't show the context menu, and shows a window with Context Menu helper that also doesn't respond. I can only force close XY.
On my computer, this issue is reproducible with every test.
But if I first right-click a file (not a folder) after launching XY, the context menu works fine, and then when I right-click a folder, the context menu also works fine. This problem is solved.
On my computer, the folder's context menu is displayed very quickly (less than 1s), so I don't know why it becomes unresponsive when right-clicking a folder in XY.

Norn

Post by Norn »

It should be caused by a context menu item, disable one of the folder's right-click menu item.
https://github.com/BluePointLilac/Conte ... ag/3.3.3.1

But this doesn't appear in new instance. :?
Win10, Win11 @100% 2560x1440 22H2

xuejianxianzun

Post by xuejianxianzun »

Norn wrote: 10 Jun 2023 17:55 It should be caused by a context menu item, disable one of the folder's right-click menu item.
https://github.com/BluePointLilac/Conte ... ag/3.3.3.1

But this doesn't appear in new instance. :?
This method works. thanks.