Collapse tree node without changing folder

Features wanted...
grindax

Re: Collapse tree node without changing folder

Post by grindax »

highend (or any other admin), can you please delete my account and all my posts on this forum?

highend

Post by highend »

Deleting user accounts isn't an option (for moderators) (or even the forum software?)

Is there any reason why your posts should be deleted?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Sad to see you (wanting to) go. :( Can you possibly tell us why you want your account to be erased?
But I see you've started removing your past posts. Could you please not keep doing that? Anyone who stumbles upon the numerous topics that you took part in would be be pretty confused, as the discussion breaks up here and there.
EDIT: huh, it's all gone! And I thought it had only just started. :blackstorm: (oughtto look at post dates more closely)
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What's all gone? :?

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Browse grindax's post history. Now approximately 1.17% of the forum is (are?) a bunch of dots.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow.

(I removed him. Should have done it before. Damn.)

(Just think how much time it must have taken him to do this manually. Scary.)

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

Sorry to dig up this really old post.

I do want a similar feature as OP; it is not locking the tree, I still want the tree to be updated whenever I open new folder/tabs.

Imagine this: I am deep in the tree in Drive D, and I insert a USB stick. I want to collapse Drive D and so I can quickly located the USB stick, middle click on the USB stick to open a new tab and copy file from USB stick to the deep folder I have opened. I want to keep the tab I have unchanged, because that is the folder I am working right now. I can scroll down in the tree without collapsing the tree to find the USB stick, but it is cumbersome.

Maybe after all these years there is a new way to do this, please forgive me if that is the case.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Since you're new here (welcome!): Have you tried the Mini Tree already? It shows only the paths you are actually using. It might solve it for you.

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

admin wrote: 03 Mar 2023 08:50 Since you're new here (welcome!): Have you tried the Mini Tree already? It shows only the paths you are actually using. It might solve it for you.
Wow thanks for the quick reply~Appreciate it!

Unfortunately the mini tree does not show USB stick...Or network drive for that matter...

Mini tree is actually an ideal way to solve this, but not all the root entries are listed in mini tree.
Last edited by terrytw on 03 Mar 2023 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Normally it should do that, but sometimes Windows notifications are a bit unreliable. Anyway, you can easily make it show: Just go to the drive once via address bar and it will stick in the Mini Tree forever (or until you actively remove it from there).

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

admin wrote: 03 Mar 2023 09:01 Normally it should do that, but sometimes Windows notifications are a bit unreliable. Anyway, you can easily make it show: Just go to the drive once via address bar and it will stick in the Mini Tree forever (or until you actively remove it from there).
OK it works now~Much appreciated!!