What is the best way to integrate OneDrive in XYplorer ?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Christophe

What is the best way to integrate OneDrive in XYplorer ?

Post by Christophe »

Hi, what is the best way to integrate OneDrive in XYplorer ?
I am currently missing 2 important things to be able to work with OneDrive files:

A/ In XYplorer, there is no OneDrive entry at the root of the tree to directly access OneDrive files:
-> I have tried to "fix" this by creating adding a link OneDrive in 'Links/', but it is not solving anything, since after you click it, you still have this huge piles of folders showing on top of OneDrive

B/ In XYplorer, OneDrive files have no status to know if they are local/online/updated :

I am planning to move from Total Commander to XYplorer but I am not able to do that because of the 2 missing OneDrive points. Like many Windows users, OneDrive is my main file storage location.

I am surprised by this situation, as in Total Commander, these 2 points are fully present and comes out of the box :
A/ There is a OneDrive access at the root of the tree in Total Commander :
B/ Files have a OneDrive status overlay icon in Total Commander :

admin
Site Admin

Re: What is the best way to integrate OneDrive in XYplorer ?

Post by admin »

A) Tick Configuration | General | Tree and List | Items in Tree and List | Show OneDrive folder

B) Tick Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays

Christophe

Post by Christophe »

admin wrote: 08 Feb 2023 16:14 A) Tick Configuration | General | Tree and List | Items in Tree and List | Show OneDrive folder
When I select it, only OneDrive personal shows up, not OneDrive for Business.
This feature is not working with OneDrive for Business, which is very popular too.
How can we get the OneDrive blue cloud icon on it to help understand what it is:
admin wrote: 08 Feb 2023 16:14 B) Tick Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays
Even with it selected (and even with the 2 sub-items selected as well) it is not working: no icon overlays are being displayed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, I will look into it later.

Christophe

Post by Christophe »

Thanks; I am looking forward to get OneDrive working properly in XYplorer.

Christophe

Post by Christophe »

When do you think it will be available ?

phred

Post by phred »

Christophe wrote: 13 Feb 2023 10:10 When do you think it will be available ?
Just a polite word of advice ... you should never ask a developer when something will be ready. It will be ready when it's ready. Your issue is not the only thng Don is working on. It might be a quick and simple fix, or it might involve troubleshooting and take some time.

Christophe

Post by Christophe »

There are thousands of developers who are asked when this and this feature will be ready. If you do not have this constraint lucky you :)
But I agree it is not a questions people like to get and it is not easy. At the same time, it is useful for the end users to know if they can wait or have to look for another solutions.

Garonne

Post by Garonne »

It's probably not easy to phrase it in a better way, but:

"Is feature X high or rather low on your priority list?"

That's probably a better way to phrase such questions...

lilivier

Post by lilivier »

Christophe wrote: 08 Feb 2023 17:23
admin wrote: 08 Feb 2023 16:14 A) Tick Configuration | General | Tree and List | Items in Tree and List | Show OneDrive folder
When I select it, only OneDrive personal shows up, not OneDrive for Business.
This feature is not working with OneDrive for Business, which is very popular too.
How can we get the OneDrive blue cloud icon on it to help understand what it is:
admin wrote: 08 Feb 2023 16:14 B) Tick Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays
Even with it selected (and even with the 2 sub-items selected as well) it is not working: no icon overlays are being displayed.
Got the same problem ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still planned, patience...