UNWANTED TRACKING-USAGE HIGHLIGHTS

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MaxGeorge

UNWANTED TRACKING-USAGE HIGHLIGHTS

Post by MaxGeorge »

Using Xyplorer Portable 22.10.0100
on Windows 10.

This problem always begins first with the file list panel and sometime after happens in the tree panel as well.

Out of the blue XYplorer highlights every file and folder I have clicked on recently (I don't know how far back in time this goes as I never know when it starts tracking files and folders usage). I can't find any way to get rid of the highlights and with continued use the amount of files and folders highlighted keeps growing. All highlights in the list are the same color, so too in the tree though list and tree highlight colors are different. These highlight colors are not the colors I have set in the configuration for any highlights. I have unchecked the tracking highlights in configuration and have not set any colors for bread crumbs (which I've never used) and have unchecked the color filters usage boxes for list and tree. Nothing I've done has worked to get rid of the highlights.

Each time this happens (and it inevitably starts again sooner or later) my only solution is to establish a new configuration by resetting everything to their defaults and making my customization choices all over again, then saving the configuration with a new config. file name. So far, I have six saved config. files and now all six have this highlight issue so I'm going to reset and redo the configuration once again unless someone has the answer and can help me fix this exasperating issue!

highend

Re: UNWANTED TRACKING-USAGE HIGHLIGHTS

Post by highend »

Remove the license info from your XYplorer.ini from one of the versions that does this "tagging" and attach it to your next post.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

MaxGeorge

Post by MaxGeorge »

From the Xyplorer.exe file properties info: File Version: 2020.04.15.0
XYplorerPortable22.10.0100

MaxGeorge

Post by MaxGeorge »

Sorry, I reread your request and saw you wanted the license number. I don't know how to find the license number but I'll lgoogle it to find out how to get it and post it ASAP.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

NO, please read again!
highend wants you to post your whole Xyplorer.ini file (to be found in the directory that opens if you enter <xydata> in the address bar of XY)
But please before you post it or attach it on the forum, overwrite your license information under the heading [Register], almost at the top of the file in some way like I did below with the X's.

Code: Select all

[Register]
; THE FOLLOWING THREE LINES CONTAIN YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. PLEASE KEEP THIS PART PRIVATE.
Name=XXXXXXXXXX
Code=XXXXX
dc=XXX
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

MaxGeorge

Post by MaxGeorge »

PROBLEM SOLVED! Just by chance, Windows required a system restart for updates and after restarting, I opened XYplorer and there's no trace of the unwanted highlights. I still don't know what causes this issue to start but at least I can now fix it when it happens.
My apologies for misunderstanding the request and my thanks for the input.