File manager... for MacOS?

What other productivity software are you working with...
Marco

File manager... for MacOS?

Post by Marco »

Every day I'm contemplating buying a Macbook Pro more and more. I wonder if any of you know of a good file manager that doesn't make me regret XYplorer (which I'll probably still use in a VM if needed).
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

MBaas

Re: File manager... for MacOS?

Post by MBaas »

Well, I'm missing XY on my Mac! There's no equivalent.

But "Commander One" is a nice two-pane filemgr and Forklift also seemed quite good, I ended up registering C1.

Marco

Post by Marco »

Thank you MBaas! I'm trying C1 right now, and I'll also install ForkLift and see...
One thing is sure: after 11 years with XY, changing habits will be tough!
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

I've put the order for a MacBook Pro M2 as my new business notebook today (*) and started searching for "at-least-reminds-me-of-XYplorer"-candidates.

Taken the results of several searches, just by the feature list, here's my first top 3 list for trials:

1. ForkLift 3
AdHoc questions:
- is the non App Store distribution model a pro or con in the long run?
- can I add triggers for own scripts?

2. Path Finder
AdHoc question:-
- is there any detailed feature list?
- can I add triggers for own scripts?

3. Well, didn't find anything worth a "real" trial (simple two pane stuff isn't worth the time).

Which is the most comprehensive one? Using XYplorer for more than 10 years I can't ask for the "best" one.

*: I do think Lenovo basically offer good products (especially on the keyboard side), but the "Intel Gen X" stuff older than Alder Lake ist total crap - crap efficiency and crappy cooling. :-(