XYCopy Not Closing when Copying to VHDX/VC

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
GreetingsFromPoland

XYCopy Not Closing when Copying to VHDX/VC

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi!
XYplorer: 23.90.0431 - Lifetime License Enterprise (Upgrade)
OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2546 (10.0), .NET v4.8.04084

noticed lately that after copying files to my mounted VHDX (Bitlocker) and VC (Veracrypt) volumes that XYCopy doesn't close. the process stays open in task manager and requires an end task to close it.

i am able to reproduce this behavior (so far) 8 out of my last 10 tries.

1. mount and decrypt the volume (using right-click mount, etc. or the veracrypt mount interface).
2. the volumes are now mounted and visible in XY. i start a copy of any amount of files (today was 18 pictures).
3. copy is finished with no error and drives are locked and then dismounted/ejected.
4. check task manager and xycopy.exe is still running/active.

if i end the task, i can go about my business copying files between local drives, NAS, etc. and the process always ends. the moment i do the steps listed above, the process doesn't close.

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYCopy Not Closing when Copying to VHDX/VC

Post by admin »

Is that a new problem?

GreetingsFromPoland

Re: XYCopy Not Closing when Copying to VHDX/VC

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi! i can't be certain if it's old or newer, but it has been happening recently. i'm doing more daily copies to these types of files.

this morning, after fresh boot-up, nothing else opened, i mounted both files (2 different drive letters) and first copied from local SSD to VHDX (no leftover instance). repeated the same process to the VC and an XYCopy.exe was left in task manager.

the leftover instance doesn't appear to interfere with anything unless i attempt to update to the latest beta. then i have to end task that instance. i'll monitor it for the next few days more since i will be doing multiple copies during the day to these volumes.