File Operations Frequently Freeze XYplorer partially or Until Until Complete

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Foxsayy

File Operations Frequently Freeze XYplorer partially or Until Until Complete

Post by Foxsayy »

Many times I perform a file operation, such as a move or delete, and it hangs the entire system up, sometimes until the file operation finishes.

RalphM

Re: File Operations Frequently Freeze XYplorer partially or Until Until Complete

Post by RalphM »

Backgrounded or in the foreground?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Foxsayy

Re: File Operations Frequently Freeze XYplorer partially or Until Until Complete

Post by Foxsayy »

RalphM wrote: 01 Jan 2023 02:03 Backgrounded or in the foreground?
I'm not sure what you mean. I've handed over file transfers to TeraCopy, so XYplorer shouldn't even be the one doing the file operations and it still freezes. I get the attached image a lot too, with file transfers and randomly otherwise.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Can't see any image so a bit hard to troubleshoot.
It would help if you could give repro steps to recreate the problem you are seeing.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Foxsayy

Post by Foxsayy »

RalphM wrote: 02 Jan 2023 22:31 Can't see any image so a bit hard to troubleshoot.
It would help if you could give repro steps to recreate the problem you are seeing.
Thanks. My trial ran out so I can't really take screenshots anymore :( . The repro steps are:

1. Copy or drag/drop files.

That's it. It randomly, but frequently, just freezes up until File Transfer is done.

Overall I really liked it, or really wanted to like it but the freezing and the inability to "open all selected folders in new tabs" make it hard for me to want to adopt. (The folders thing is huge to me, by the way.) I also wanted to dynamically resize thumbnails without the entire interface growing, like Directory Opus can, with smoother scrolling. I'm going to give Opus another shot and see if I can make it work.

If I still had any time left on XYplorer I'd try and troubleshoot, but unfortunately I don't.