paperfolder FVS + VF

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jupe

paperfolder FVS + VF

Post by jupe »

I have noticed an issue with Paper Folders and FVS when combined with applying a VF in the FVS, the issue is that if you load a PF that has a FVS+VF and then remove the VF the filtered files remain missing from the list pane.

I made a repro script below, but if you want to do it via GUI, the first 5 lines are self explanatory, line 6 manually enable the VF in the Edit FVS dialog, line 7 save fvs, line 8 just navigate away from PF, line 9 navigate back to PF which will apply FVS+VF now, line 10 remove the VF == but anything it had filtered doesn't return to the list.

Code: Select all

paperfolder(,,, "oz1"); // allow zombies
  paperfolder(,,, "oe1"); // explicit save
  paperfolder("zombie123", listfolder(<xypath>, "*.exe", 1, <crlf>) . "<crlf>c:\zombie\aargh.txt<crlf>d:\zombie\land.txt"); // add a few existing files + a couple zombies
  filter "!size:0";
  #472; // save fvs
  #473; // edit fvs manually enable the VF in dialog
  #472; // save fvs
  goto <xypath>;
  goto "paper:zombie123";
  filter; // rem filter, but filtered files don't return

Once the script is finished you'll notice that if you disable FVS then click on the PF name in the BC the missing files will return. I have just used a size VF in this example, but I assume all VF's would be affected, although I haven't thoroughly tested, it is also possible this is all just an issue with zombies specifically. I am pretty sure explicit save might be a requirement so included it in the script, but it may not be req to repro.

admin
Site Admin

Re: paperfolder FVS + VF

Post by admin »

All your guesses were correct! :tup: Should be fixed in the next beta.