Focus on dialogs

Features wanted...
oblivion

Focus on dialogs

Post by oblivion »

I'm posting this as a wish rather than a bug as I'm not entirely sure if it's a feature of the integration between XY and Windows...

If I delete files, I usually use "delete without recycle" even though I've been known to regret it...

Anyway, occasionally I'll delete a bunch of files in an XY pane, I'll get the XY prompt up asking me if I'm sure, I'll say yes, then I'll get a Windows confirmation too. And that windows confirmation doesn't always get created in such a way that it has focus.

Because I'm old and forgetful, and because I've already said "yes" to the delete once, I'll sometimes fail to realise that there's' a step I've missed.

If I remember, and check the taskbar, the XY icon will, when I hover over it, show the child window with the "are you sure you want to permanently delete these n items" dialog and I'll get to it and say yes, for goodness sake, YES, I've already said so once you dumb computer...

I don't always remember. And possibly because XY has handed off that last bit to Windows, it'll let me go off and use it for other things, which might (if I'm not paying proper attention) include deleting those files that I clearly forgot to delete earlier...

So my wish is that XY either wouldn't let me forget the secondary dialog or wouldn't cause it to be generated. Although I have a tiny suspicion that it might not happen in the first place if I hadn't set a setting inappropriately somewhere, back in the dim and distant past...
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Focus on dialogs

Post by admin »

It might help if you untick this:

Configuration | General | Safety Belts, Network | Safety Belts | Confirm delete operations

Then you should only get the Windows prompt.

oblivion

Re: Focus on dialogs

Post by oblivion »

Aha. Thanks! :D
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.