Conditional Options for Suffix/Affix on Name Collisions Dialogs

Features wanted...
Ampere

Conditional Options for Suffix/Affix on Name Collisions Dialogs

Post by Ampere »

Hi Masters,
let me ask a wish/doubt on the name collisions dialog options.

Currently there're options to overwrite on name collisions with IF conditions based on size , date, contents....

· Overwrite if newer:
· Overwrite if different size or date:
· Overwrite if different contents

but the Suffix and Affix options are all non conditional, meaning that once the "Do this also for the next collisions" Box is checked, it'll duplicate all the collisions with the selection option (not desired).

My suggestion, if possible, add the option:

Suffix/Affix (DATE and/or SIZE and/or VERSION, for example) **IF** (DATE or SIZE or VERSION) is differerent , to both existing and copy... Skipping or overwrting the truly dupe ones, and keeping both files ONLY when there's a diffrence.

Currently, or we overwrite them or keep all the dupes when the next collisions box is checked with affix-suffix options.

Real word situation:
Often have a couple downloaded files that need to distribute to some repository folders. Sometimes they are duplicated, sometimes they are different files with same name. After using a smart search/selection based on name, make a move operation that gives the described conflict above.

Thanks and sorry if I'm missing something or there's a solution already I couldn't found.
Xy Mode - Collision Options List.png
Xy Mode - Collision Options List.png (38.58 KiB) Viewed 309 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Conditional Options for Suffix/Affix on Name Collisions Dialogs

Post by admin »

Too special, too complex (from UI POV). You'd better script that.

Ampere

Re: Conditional Options for Suffix/Affix on Name Collisions Dialogs

Post by Ampere »

Thanks for the feedback!