Update new .ico file images in list

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kiwichick

Update new .ico file images in list

Post by kiwichick »

Why don't .ico file images update in the list when a different image with the same name replaces the current file? All of the Tile and Thumbnail views update immediately but Details, List and Icons views only update by restarting XY.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

admin
Site Admin

Re: Update new .ico file images in list

Post by admin »

The shell icon cache is totally stubborn. I've never found a way to update it other than an XY restart.

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

admin wrote: 18 Nov 2022 15:51 The shell icon cache is totally stubborn. I've never found a way to update it other than an XY restart.
Yes, stubborn it is. Considering Windows Explorer sees the change immediately with no restart required, it makes no sense that an XY restart is required. And sometimes even an XY restart doesn't work. Or a PC restart. The icon images in XY just stay the same and refuse to update - although at some point they do but goodness knows what happens to trigger it.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Considering Windows Explorer sees the change immediately with no restart required...
Not here (Win 8.1). WE is equally stubborn. But an XY or WE restart always helps.

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

admin wrote: 20 Nov 2022 09:41 WE is equally stubborn.
Yes, it's the same for me with other image types (eg: *.png, *.jpg) but not for *.ico files. WE sees the changes for those straight away. I'm using Windows 10.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2