Option to disable File Info Tips on Thumbnail view

Features wanted...
1024mb

Option to disable File Info Tips on Thumbnail view

Post by 1024mb »

Please, add that option, it gets in the way when you are browsing a directory in thumbnail view and select several files, even so as the thumbnail view is (at least I do it) commonly used to select several files without opening each one it interrupts it when hovering video files (lately it's taking like 2-3 seconds to XYplorer when passing by a video file). You already gave us the option to select on which context the Hover Box should be enabled, please add a similar option for File Info Tips.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Option to disable File Info Tips on Thumbnail view

Post by admin »

But the same could be said for all views, not just thumbnails. Why don't you simply turn them off?

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

I found it useful for other cases, also it doesn't take XYplorer the same amount of time to show me FLAC metadata (which is instant) than to show me the FIT from a video file.
I mean, I have absolutely zero use for FIT on the thumbnail view as opposed to the details one, I don't need the info when I'm browsing thumbnails because I want to see the thumbnails, is kinda similar to the Hover Box, it's useful in all the other views but in thumbnail it's just redundant.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see that the Hover Box is redundant in thumbnails, but the FIT shows all the info that is not there in thumbnails so it's much more useful here than in Details.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

admin wrote: 04 Jun 2022 11:05 I see that the Hover Box is redundant in thumbnails, but the FIT shows all the info that is not there in thumbnails so it's much more useful here than in Details.
I guess that depends on the use case, for me is more useful in the details view because I want to know the details of the files I'm browsing (which FIT provides), instead in the thumbnail view I want to see a preview of all the media I'm browsing to, in some cases, quickly select some of them. Hence why I'm asking for an option similar than the Hover Box has.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Note that you can exclude the fields that might be slow for videos by using this: Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show file info tips | Show these fields