Custom button: Command with caption (e.g. "Recent";#539) not running directly anymore. How to fix/update the syntax?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
cadu

Custom button: Command with caption (e.g. "Recent";#539) not running directly anymore. How to fix/update the syntax?

Post by cadu »

Hi.
Considering a "custom button", after recent XYplorer update, the syntax I was used to applying ins't running directly anymore when the button is pressed.
For instance:

Code: Select all

"Recent";#539
After a recent XYplorer update, pressing the button with the command above (following screen-recording), there is a pop-up list with the command caption instead, from which I need to perform a second mouse click to run the command.

Before, using the mentioned syntax would trigger the command directly, without the pop-up list.

If I remove the caption "Recent", leaving only #539, the command runs directly.

Code: Select all

But I do like to use captions.

I imagine some internal change has happened in XYplorer "custom button" syntax.

Is there a new syntax I could use to run directly a command (1 mouse click), keeping the caption typed beside a command?

Thank you!

Custom button - Command with caption not running directly anymore.gif
Custom button - Command with caption not running directly anymore.gif (880.19 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom button: Command with caption (e.g. "Recent";#539) not running directly anymore. How to fix/update the syntax?

Post by admin »

Just add a final ";": "Recent";#539;

cadu

Re: Custom button: Command with caption (e.g. "Recent";#539) not running directly anymore. How to fix/update the syntax?

Post by cadu »

admin wrote: 03 May 2022 09:52 Just add a final ";": "Recent";#539;
Solved!
Thank you very much 👍