rename xyplorer.ini

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
calude

rename xyplorer.ini

Post by calude »

hi
for some time xyplorer loads xyplorer-02.ini (which are the correct settings Iwant to have btw)
for clarity sakes I would like to rename this ini to its default name (xyplorer.ini)

cannot find how to do this

Merci beaucoup

Claude

autocart

Re: rename xyplorer.ini

Post by autocart »

All I can think of is that maybe you are starting XY via a windows shortcut and have it set in the command line switches inside that shortcut to use the special ini.
Look in the help for Command Line Switches.
The ini file itself (that you would have to rename) should be in the XY data path. Usually the "Data" folder inside the location of XYplorer.exe.

jupe

Post by jupe »

There are a few ways to resolve this, for you I'd probably recommend this method using inbuilt menu items mostly:

File | Save Settings (so your ini is up to date)
Go | Go to Application Data Folder
  • once there, rename your xyplorer-02.ini to XYplorer.ini
File | Settings Special | Load Configuration...
  • load the newly renamed file
after another restart, from then on it should load your renamed file by default, as always I'd recommend making a quick backup of the data folder first if you are unsure.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Yes, sorry calude/Claude, with a normal installation the ADP normally is:
Help wrote:The Application Data Path

[...] By default this path is set to %appdata%\XYplorer which on a typical system (with English locale) is resolved to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\ (Win 8 and later).
With a portable "installation" it normally seems to be the "Data" folder inside the location of XYplorer.exe.

But as jupe mentioned the safest method is the menu "Go" and then the last entry "Go to Application Data Folder".
Thanks, jupe, I also keep learning every day!

And I forgot that XY remembers the last used ini file. So again, jupe's method probably is the one leading to success.

calude

Post by calude »

Thanks guys
I followed Jupe's way but had to recheck "save setting on exit" and re-enter my lifetime key
All is fine now
Merci
:tup: :tup: :tup:
Calude