Cannot Change Extension Using Rename Without Extensions

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kbleft

Cannot Change Extension Using Rename Without Extensions

Post by kbleft »

First, THANK YOU for this excellent feature. It really is a convenience. Unfortunately, it is not working for me exactly as described.

Specifically, I cannot rename a file extension as described in the release notes for version 21.20. When I go to rename a file, I move the cursor to the end of the box, press the right arrow, but nothing happens. The file extension does not move into the box and does not become editable. I've tried pressing the right arrow multiple times, but nothing happens. I cannot access the file extension to edit it.

Configuration details:
XYplorer v. 21.20 ("hide extensions from rename edit box" is enabled in configuration dialog)
Windows 10, version 2004 (64-bit)

Please let me know if there are other settings that may interfere with the operation of this feature. Also, please let me know what other information I can provide to help you diagnose and troubleshoot this issue.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Change Extension Using Rename Without Extensions

Post by admin »

Weird. How can this not function? :veryconfused: You see the extension right of the edit box? Can you post a screenshot, please?

kbleft

Post by kbleft »

Rename.png
Rename.png (447.02 KiB) Viewed 483 times
The files I'm working on contain a client's confidential information, so I set up the silly example shown above. Obviously, I don't need to change the extension of a PNG image, but you can see what I'm seeing. The cursor is all the way to the right, but when I press the right arrow key, nothing happens.

NOTE: As far as I can tell, this error only occurs in pure thumbnail views. Everything works correctly if the view is set to details, details with thumbnails, list, small/large icons, small/large tiles. In each of these views, the feature works exactly as described. (See image below showing the feature works correctly when view is set to details with thumbnails.) It is only when the view is set to thumbnails (of any size) that I cannot edit the file extension.
rename2.png
rename2.png (184.88 KiB) Viewed 483 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah yes, that helped. :tup: Fix comes with next beta.