v21.00 *.eml preview not working

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
randfee

v21.00 *.eml preview not working

Post by randfee »

Hi,
I just updated to 21.00 and to my delight I saw message preview being implemented. However, it doesn't seem to work.
I don't see *.eml previews other than plain text/raw. Thunderbird is installed, the *.eml files I create by dragging and dropping mails from TB to any folder look just as expected if opened by TB again. In XYplorer *.eml is ticked as preview format and it also shows the TB icon in the list so the file format should be associated as expected (and it is for windows).

What am I missing?

highend

Re: v21.00 *.eml preview not working

Post by highend »

And .eml is ticked under the Office category and unticked in the Text category?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

randfee

Post by randfee »

yes... it was and is.
What resolved it now was a restart, I have had a similar issue with using an *.heif capable image previewer :veryconfused: ...

randfee

Post by randfee »

any reason why the preview doesn't download web-content if it already plugs into TB?

highend

Post by highend »

What has TB to do with that? XY uses a preview handler which is application agnostic.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

randfee

Post by randfee »

not sure, fishing here. There are no firewall rules in place denying xyplorer from downloading the linked content in the EML files.
Funnily enough, I had the same issue on another win10 pro machine. Preview of EML files did not work until restart, I don't see why but it was reproducible.