network folders with images open really slowly - windows explorer fast

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
randfee

Re: network folders with images open really slowly - windows explorer fast

Post by randfee »

fresh;

now that worked! I have attached a copy of the ini file but I had to clean many paths, search keywords etc. because those contained classified information/strings. sorry, no way around that!
Attachments
XYplorer_cleaned.zip
(19.97 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

highend

Post by highend »

Can't replicate it with that config either...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

randfee

Post by randfee »

hm, that's a bummer. Thank you for trying!
I suppose fresh; removes any settings, shortcuts, catalogs? I'm currently not at the computer to check that but it sounds like I would lose all settings, history etc. which would cost a lot of time to reset too. But before it doesn't work at all, I'll use a fresh portable copy.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

randfee wrote: 19 Aug 2020 18:12 hm, that's a bummer. Thank you for trying!
..... but it sounds like I would lose all settings, history etc. which would cost a lot of time to reset too.
If you're settings are worth it would recommend to copy you're current settings section-wise into the XYplorer.ini from a new/second instance (with a dedicated XYplorer home directory) until you have your "Gotcha!".

It's feasible to cluster unsuspicious setting sections when doing that (e. g. the tail sections cover (almost?) only history and/or path entries).

jupe

Post by jupe »

I would put money on it being an image metadata column as the cause (not necessarily just one), or possibly a custom column, can't verify from your screenshot though. If its not clear from what I just wrote, what I mean is, resolution would only involve hiding the offending column(s) if that was the case.

randfee

Post by randfee »

jupe wrote: 20 Aug 2020 02:48 I would put money on it being an image metadata column as the cause
and you're absolutely right! That was it! :appl:
For whatever reason all columns were selected (which I did not recall doing). I usually have a custom layout loaded with only the necessary ones. This possibility entirely eluded me, sorry for not catching this, nothing was displayed in any of the columns and I never scroll over - wonder how that happend. :oops:

I tested all columns and the responsible one seems to be 'exposuretime' .
Nothing shows, but apparently it parses through all the files looking for that entry - I can only guess.

many thanks for catching my mistake.