Filter on the available extensions in a folder

Features wanted...
ugus

Filter on the available extensions in a folder

Post by ugus »

What about a menu popup which lets you quickly filter by the available file types (extensions) in a folder.

Just scroll the menu and select what to filter on (textfiles, pdf:s...)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

I guess you know of "filter by selected extension" (ctrl+alt+j) after selecting one or more file types. And for doing it with mouse go to "View>current tab> filter by selected extension" or right-click on "visual filter" toolbar button to get related menus.
If you already knew all of this, then i guess you are specifically asking for right-click context menu. I think having it for each extension is a bit of an overkill.

ugus

Post by ugus »

serendipity wrote:I guess you know of "filter by selected extension" (ctrl+alt+j) after selecting one or more file types. And for doing it with mouse go to "View>current tab> filter by selected extension" or right-click on "visual filter" toolbar button to get related menus.
If you already knew all of this, then i guess you are specifically asking for right-click context menu. I think having it for each extension is a bit of an overkill.
Yeah, I know this "filter by selected extension" :) but what I want is a menu displayed after you pressed a keyboard shortcut (not a right-click menu) which let's you fast select and scroll between all availble extensions found in a folder thus letting you skip the "select step".

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

hmmm not sure if i need that feature. Probably if i dont know what my extensions are then the context menu with available extensions for the current folder might be useful. But most of the times (99%) i know what extension i want to filter in or out so its easier for me to just select and hit ctrl+alt+j.