[TOPIC CLOSED] +++ BREAKING NEWS: XY Switches Programming Language +++

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Filehero

Re: +++ BREAKING NEWS: XY Switches Programming Language +++

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote: 12 Jun 2020 20:33 Just to make sure: This is the bang where I start my work.
Yes, I got that. I hope you'll see a minimal running GUI soon.

GitCoder

Post by GitCoder »

Im following this developer from Mirinsoft and saw yesterday on its blog that XYplorer is mentioned in a post about VB6. Followers all over the world, Don :biggrin: :appl:
https://www.mirinsoft.com/blog/19-apps/ ... d-debotnet

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

GitCoder wrote: 13 Jun 2020 21:19 Im following this developer from Mirinsoft and saw yesterday on its blog that XYplorer is mentioned in a post about VB6. Followers all over the world, Don :biggrin: :appl:
https://www.mirinsoft.com/blog/19-apps/ ... d-debotnet
Wow, flattering! :D Thanks for the link!
(No, MS did not offer me a job -- would not have taken it anyway -- don't like jobs)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alright, it begins! Installed the IDE, loaded the code, and now I'm drowning in errors, warnings, and messages. Yeah, that's the life I've chosen. I'm in my element, in the groove, in the zone. :cup:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote: 16 Jun 2020 17:53 Alright, it begins! Installed the IDE, loaded the code, and now I'm drowning in errors, warnings, and messages. Yeah, that's the life I've chosen. I'm in my element, in the groove, in the zone. :cup:
Tunnel of Love.

.. let the games begin. Freu!

mumajs

Post by mumajs »

admin wrote: 16 Jun 2020 17:53 Alright, it begins! Installed the IDE, loaded the code, and now I'm drowning in errors, warnings, and messages. Yeah, that's the life I've chosen. I'm in my element, in the groove, in the zone. :cup:
Good luck Don. I wish the smooth fixing and straight forward troubleshooting. :tup: :tup:
We all believe you!

GUIguy

Post by GUIguy »

mumajs wrote: 16 Jun 2020 18:28
Good luck Don. I wish the smooth fixing and straight forward troubleshooting. :tup: :tup:
We all believe you!
And believe IN you!
GUIguy
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

elqasar2

Post by elqasar2 »

What is the starting point for the .NET code -- version 20.90.0500? Or was it an earlier version that was converted and you'll be manually implementing all the changes that were made up to and including v20.90.0500?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latter, but that's not a lot of stuff. You noted that I did not add much lately.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Have you noted how many compile errors you've got on the first build run?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

On "Build Solution" I actually get zero errors (but ~5000 warnings). But it does not run ('System.AccessViolationException'). Well, I'm just playing around a bit. I feel like sitting in the cockpit of a 747 for the first time. I'll get a team session tomorrow with a guru...

I'm expecting a Forrest Gump moment at some point. Much of the work I did in VB6 was creating crutches. Most of the source code IS crutches. And most of the work now will be to get rid of all those crutches because they are not needed anymore. I will spend some months removing stuff. It's wonderful. Coding like a sculptor.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

This sounds great. Yes, it does. :)

You know every single corner of this glorious fortress - be it bright or be it dark. So nothing should put you on the wrong walk (@all: sorry for this pathetic "Fawlty Towers - The Germans" experience :mrgreen:).

This sounds great. Yes, it does. :)

Again: when you need any support, just let me know. While I'll find the time I will run "any" test.

pleiades

Post by pleiades »

This is an Amazing News! Good Luck admin! :tup:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is anybody here with VB.Net experience? Just asking... questions might arise at some point...

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

Humble . net, no VB😉