Open Windows Terminal Here

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
lorddevi

Open Windows Terminal Here

Post by lorddevi »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to add some of the basic "Open Command Prompt Here" stuff figured out. Specifically though I am hoping to get Windows Terminal working, so I can enjoy WSL 2 and such on Linux with better integration with Xyplorer.

With the help of another forum post here I was able to figure out I could add a basic "Admin Command Prompt Here", and "Admin Powershell Here" commands to the hamburger menu of my Xyplorer. Such as:

::Admin Command Prompt Here;opencommandprompt , , , 1

::Admin Powershell Portable Here;run "pwsh -Command Start-Process Pwsh -Verb RunAs -WorkingDirectory '<curpath>'",,0,0;

I have tried variations upon this theme, but to no avail:

::Admin Windows Terminal Here;run "wt -d '<curpath>'",,0,0;

-d is how you specify the starting directory with windows terminal.

I still have no idea how to add these to my right click context menu's either. =( I found how to extend the right click menu a bit with some built in stuff inside of xyployer's configs, but no way to add custom-custom stuff.

Right now though, I would be really happy if I could at least get windows terminal working correctly. Both admin, and non-admin versions. Can someone please help me?

lorddevi

Re: Open Windows Terminal Here

Post by lorddevi »

Aha, I have been able to figure it mostly out. I made some pretty obvious mistakes and trying to figure out what was being done in the other post.

I have now added these to my hamburger menu and have Windows Terminal doing (mostly) what I want:

Code: Select all

::Windows Terminal Here;run "pwsh -Command Start-Process wt -ArgumentList '-d','.'" , , , 1;

::Admin Windows Terminal Here;run "pwsh -Command Start-Process wt -Verb RunAs -ArgumentList '-d','.'",,0,0;
However, the non-Admin version is kicking back this error for some reason now:

Code: Select all

Cannot load PSReadline module.  Console is running without PSReadline.
Which is not really Xyplorer related likely.. I have yet to Google for a solution to that one.

I AM still however left with the puzzlement of how I can add these kind of "Open something here" commands to the Xyplorer Right-Click context menu's. (Ideally when right clicking on a directory.) Can someone help me with that part still please?

highend

Post by highend »

I AM still however left with the puzzlement of how I can add these kind of "Open something here" commands to the Xyplorer Right-Click context menu's
This has nothing to do with XY, either. Those entries are taken from the registry.
For example hold shift, right click on a folder, continue to hold shift, select "Show 64-bit Context Menu"
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

lorddevi

Post by lorddevi »

Oh yes, I could take that approach your right.

I had just recalled that I did this in the past with cygwin. It was something inside of Xyplorer I had setup for this, but I totally forgot how I did it unfortunately. Ofc, I may have been mistaken and ended up doing exactly what you just suggested! lol

I would still enjoy being able to add this direclty to Xyplorer if it is at all possible as well though to be honest. It would be nice to be able to use this knowledge to make a custom portable version of xyplorer that can follow me around with those little tweaks added directly to it for me.

That way I wouldn't have to mess with .reg files on every computer I install my xyplorer on.

highend

Post by highend »

Not possible...

Btw, these commands should work:
run "pwsh -Command Start-Process Pwsh -WorkingDirectory '<curpath>'", , , 0;
run "pwsh -Command Start-Process Pwsh -Verb RunAs -WorkingDirectory '<curpath>'", , , 0;
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

terrytw

Post by terrytw »

Quick note: if the script highend provided is not working, please check viewtopic.php?p=214888#p214888