How to search history in address bar?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
f00b4r

How to search history in address bar?

Post by f00b4r »

I can't overemphesize how much I rely on this feature in Firefox:
I type part of a recently visited website-url into the address bar and there I am.
Unfortnately, I can't figure it out in XYplorer. I am pretty sure that it has an option like that, but it doesn't give me the results I am looking for. I visited the directory "V:\Scans\Arbeitsvertrag" just before I made that screen shot:
xy_search.png
xy_search.png (42.69 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
The "History"-Section of the configuration seems to be handling the back/forward

The "Drop-down Lists" doesn't seem to affect it either:
conf.png
conf.png (24.35 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
However I do find those directories in the recent-menu:
recent.png
recent.png (36.8 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
I am a bit overwhelmed by all the options, so please excuse me if i overlooked a simple option somewhere :)

Current workaround is binding a key to Go -> Recents. It works great, but it isn't intuitive.
Also it would be PERFECT if I was able to (automatically[config]) sort those results by the frequency I switch to that directory.

Any help would be appreciated.
Michael

highend

Re: How to search history in address bar?

Post by highend »

I visited the directory "V:\Scans\Arbeitsvertrag"
You mean, you just navigated to that path but did NOT enter/paste it into the address bar (and hit enter at the end)?
Also it would be PERFECT if I was able to (automatically[config]) sort those results by the frequency I switch to that directory.
Possible, but only by scripting it -> Needs its own window where results would be displayed...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

f00b4r

Post by f00b4r »

highend wrote: 17 Jun 2020 08:12 You mean, you just navigated to that path but did NOT enter/paste it into the address bar (and hit enter at the end)?
Yes, you understood correctly: I just tried it: If I paste it to the address bar and hit enter, I can later access it. Interesting to know but not exactly a workaround for my problem, because i usually navigate using the tree.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the next version the global MRU list (last 64 places you have visited in XYplorer no matter how) is scanned as well. That should do it for the OP.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I think this change has introduced a crash bug, to reproduce, load a fresh instance then empty this list:

Tools | List Management | Address Bar & Go to...

then try and type in the address bar.

highend

Post by highend »

Yeah, same problem here. When the list is empty, XY crashes without any error message after typing in any two characters combination.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yo, thanks! :tup:

highend

Post by highend »

Confirmed fixed in v21.10.0028