Custom Copy: Play sound and perform actions when finish

Features wanted...
1024mb

Custom Copy: Play sound and perform actions when finish

Post by 1024mb »

I want to request those two features. The former is more needed.

There have been several times where I had to copy a lot of data from one place to another in the middle of the night and the process would finish in some hours so the machine ends up powered on for hours without it being used, thus far I have used occasionally third party apps but it is a PITA to workaround like this, it would be a million times better if Custom Copy would have it built-in.

About the sound is just an option to play a sound when a copy process ends successfully and another if it has an error. I don't know nor care if the sounds are customizable, I'm completely OK with them being pre-configured with generic ones without an option to change it.

Oh, I was forgetting about this. It would be awesome to have an option for name collisions to "Skip but ask at the end" of the operation so if we left the computer copying/moving files and there are name collisions the copy/move would continue and ask us at the end without wasting time doing nothing while we are not present.

Thanks.

highend

Re: Custom Copy: Play sound and perform actions when finish

Post by highend »

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

highend wrote: 11 Jun 2020 10:33 viewtopic.php?t=9684
Yes, thanks, but that doesn't play different sounds if the operation completed successfully or with errors. Can that be configured?

highend

Post by highend »

Nope. That's all you have atm.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal