Scroll selected folder to top fails w LiveFilter

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Malarki

Scroll selected folder to top fails w LiveFilter

Post by Malarki »

I have about 400 folders on an external drive and really need the folders I'm working on to stay in view. So I checkmark "scroll selected folder to the top". I use LiveFilter to find one in the middle ~200. I double click on that folder to open it. I press Backspace or click on up-arrow and the list jumps to the first folder. It doesn't scroll the selected folder into view.

This happens every time.

btw "scroll selected folder into view" is probably a better name for this option unless I'm missing something here

RalphM

Re: Scroll selected folder to top fails w LiveFilter

Post by RalphM »

Ctrl + Dbl-Click in the trees whitespace is your friend to get the selected folder back into view.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot reproduce it.

Malarki

Post by Malarki »

RESOLVED at least for me, now.

I had at some point set the tweak "GoUpIsBack" to 1. When I set this to 0, my original problem above was cured. Up arrow and Backspace worked fine, leaving the previously-selected (in this case parent) folder in view even after LiveFilter navigation.

A red herring was that disabling "History per tab" in Config also cured those original symptoms, but it isn't the root cause.

So FYI - the "GoUpIsBack" tweak seems to have a side-effect that shows up with LiveFilter navigation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tried that and still cannot reproduce it. Well, anyway, good it's resolved for you. :)