StatusBarDeepStatus=1 always misses info

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
iycgtptyarvg

StatusBarDeepStatus=1 always misses info

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

When I turn on StatusBarDeepStatus=1 then I'm missing information (see screenshot).
No matter how large I make the window, I always miss information, making this setting useless.
XYplorer StatusBarDeepStatus.png
XYplorer StatusBarDeepStatus.png (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

suslo

Re: StatusBarDeepStatus=1 always misses info

Post by suslo »

i may be wrong but it's not a bug as i understand. it's just the way this program is (at present time)
maybe some day/year we will receive so much needed possibilities to customize the status-bar so that such truncations never occurred
or at least occurred very rarely (and could be easily fixed in our own settings)

generally speaking, that's exactly what i was trying to say/describe here (in the part 4 of that message)

the more support (from other users) that topic receives, the sooner xy's status-bar becomes more user-friendly

iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

Not a bug?!? A feature that never works IS a bug I would say.

Even if I maximize the window to 5120x1440 it doesn't work. I have about 4500 empty pixels, yet can STILL not see the status bar. Why doesn't the statusbar simply divide the usable space up according to width? I.e., if you have 800 pixels, use 800/3 pixels per part. If you have n pixels, use n/3 pixels per part. This is not rocket science.
(\__/)

suslo

Post by suslo »

if you really want to know my personal humble opinion, then here it is:
in my thoughts i'm entirely sure that this is not normal at all for a file manager to display such things
in this very case: the solution could be the following - teach xy to always show all info in that 2nd section
(and automatically shift that useless separator to the right: as much as it is necessary to fit all content of the 2nd section)

such truncations (that are directly related to 1 of the most valuable info in status-bar) are not acceptable to me
but if you took some time to read attentively that my other very fresh and very related topic, then you probably already realize that unfortunately many people prefer icons/visual effects/hover effects/push effects/focus rectangles and other quite senseless stuff (which sometimes occupies precious space, like in status bar), instead of something functional and informative and not looking flashy/ugly

in that topic i was trying to explain that a user needs to have a way to decide himself/herself which width (of any section in the status-bar) to set/have

instead i got almost no support from users and polite (but not that uplifting) descriptions of my feature request from our admin (like 'strangeness')
but if we analyze those 5 parts/wishes of that my 1st post, then it becomes clear that they are more or less logical and demanded by some other users too

luckily, these days i don't care that much about anything xy-related (including the distressful status bar) until this my huge problem is solved

iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

I would like to get this fixed, but I have to say that the developer is one of the most responsive and friendly developers I've ever seen. If he can't / won't do it I won't be angry.

For now, I've turned this feature off so as not to annoy myself every time I look at information I JUST cannot have/see.
(\__/)

suslo

Post by suslo »

as i understood from his answer, he will probably do something about status bar (but not in a nearest future)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

iycgtptyarvg wrote: 01 Feb 2020 21:42 I would like to get this fixed, but I have to say that the developer is one of the most responsive and friendly developers I've ever seen. If he can't / won't do it I won't be angry.
Thanks. :) Will be better in next beta.

BTW, you always can see the full info of each section in the tooltip.

iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

:tup: :tup: :tup:
(\__/)