XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands...

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ghost zero

XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands...

Post by ghost zero »

Since version 20.60, there is a new bug in which XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands. This happens when certain parts of the UI are in focus, such as a pane, tab, toolbar, etc. As a workaround, we have to switch UI focus to certain other parts that are excluded from the bug, such as the window title bar, address field, etc. At first, I thought this bug was just affecting StrokeIt mouse gesture compatibility with XYplorer, in which XYplorer was no longer responding to StrokeIt's global mouse gesture to minimize window. But then I tested simply using the Windows hotkey of WIN+DOWN to minimize window, and XYplorer also has the same bug with it. Please fix.

Last edited by ghost zero on 27 Nov 2019 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYplorer won't respond to any windows minimize commands...

Post by admin »

Should work better in next beta.

But you have to turn off Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Usability | Highlight hovered items.

ghost zero

Re: XYplorer won't respond to any windows minimize commands...

Post by ghost zero »

thanks! but i really liked the new "highlight hovered items" feature. can you try to find a more compatible way to implement the feature so it doesn't have this bug?

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands...

Post by admin »

Nope.

tparker24

Post by tparker24 »

ghost zero wrote: 27 Nov 2019 07:24 Since version 20.60, there is a new bug in which XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands. This happens when certain parts of the UI are in focus, such as a pane, tab, toolbar, etc. As a workaround, we have to switch UI focus to certain other parts that are excluded from the bug, such as the window title bar, address field, etc. At first, I thought this bug was just affecting StrokeIt mouse gesture compatibility with XYplorer, in which XYplorer was no longer responding to StrokeIt's global mouse gesture to minimize window. But then I tested simply using the Windows hotkey of WIN+DOWN to minimize window, and XYplorer also has the same bug with it. Please fix.

I too am a fan of strokeit (and XYplorer), and have encountered the same mimimize problem as you.

I was able to come up with a work-around, by using a free utilitly called AutoHotKey. If you're familiar with AutoHotKey ("The ultimate automation scripting language for Windows", https://www.autohotkey.com) this might work for you, as well.

Basically, instead of having strokeit do a "Windows-Miminize" action when I perform the "/ Down" gesture, I changed that strokeit action to instead be a strokeit Hotkey, in my case Alt+Shift+E. (But that is arbitrary, and you can select any unused Hot Key combo).

I then wrote a tiny AutoHotKey script, which senses that Alt_Shift+E hotkey and it does a Minimize ... by simulating a click on the active window's minimize button (the "--" in the upper right corner).

Here's my little AutoHotKey script:

; Click on active window's Minimize button
!+E:: ; Alt+Shift+E (usually done via mouse gestures)
WinGetPos,,,Width,,A ; Position of active window
MouseClick, L , % Width-60 ,15,,0 ; x,y coords that try to hit Minimize button ("--")
Return

(I also have a slightly longer version, which restores the mouse cursor to the end of the strokeit gesture, rather than leaving it where the windows minimize gets clicked by AutoHotKey.)

(BTW, I use the same technique with Firefox and Thunderbird, but have them minimize to the Tray, by having the AutoHotKey script invoke the latest version of RBTray (rather than clicking the Minimize button))

If you're not familiar with AutoHotKey, however, it might not be worth the trouble, of downloading and installing it, and working through a bit of a learning curve.

To summarize:

1) Change strokeit to have the down gesture trigger a hot key
2) Have AutoHotKey use that hotkey to click the window's minimize button

FYI, this was on Windows 7 (I'm not on 10). Sorry for being so verbose.

HTH, Tom

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the tip! :tup: (on behalf of ghost zero...)

giuliastar

Post by giuliastar »

ghost zero wrote: 27 Nov 2019 07:24 Since version 20.60, there is a new bug in which XYplorer won't respond to any window minimize commands. This happens when certain parts of the UI are in focus, such as a pane, tab, toolbar, etc. As a workaround, we have to switch UI focus to certain other parts that are excluded from the bug, such as the window title bar, address field, etc. At first, I thought this bug was just affecting StrokeIt mouse gesture compatibility with XYplorer, in which XYplorer was no longer responding to StrokeIt's global mouse gesture to minimize window. But then I tested simply using the Windows hotkey of WIN+DOWN to minimize window, and XYplorer also has the same bug with it. Please fix.

hi
strokesplus ,i guess it 's better and xmouse could be really cool
you could try them , are both free and 100% portable

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

strokeit is still currently the best mouse gesture program for windows, and it is easier to use than strokesplus.net. because strokeit doesn't require the use of scripting to build macros, you can simply build macros with objects. strokeit is quite powerful, despite how simple it is.

as for "x-mouse button control", that is not a mouse gesture program, so the capabilities are much more limited.