Hello and quick question about Dark Mode filters

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tbm

Hello and quick question about Dark Mode filters

Post by tbm »

Finally purchased a lifetime license today after a trial many months ago. Hello and thanks for your work!

One small question to ease myself in (I'll try and read up before posting too many stoopid questions). I've enabled Dark Mode and while I prefer that in general, it seems to dull the colour I chose for the breadcrumb/tab bar. Is there a filter applied somewhere for dark mode? (I've compared values in GIMP and they don't match).

nas8e9

Re: Hello and quick question about Dark Mode filters

Post by nas8e9 »

It may be caused by Tools > Configuration > Highlights & Dark Mode > Level of darkness?

jupe

Post by jupe »

I think that the OP would be referencing the "Smart Dark Mode" adaptive dimming of colored items, the effects of which you can disable for some parts of the UI if it helps by running this: dark 3:=-2; from the XY address bar, which works as a toggle, but it doesn't have an effect on the breadcrumb bar, it does though for things like color filters/labels/tabs/catalog colors etc. if you find that is preferable for you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I could include the breadcrumbs in the scope of dark 3:=-2; (and raise that toggle to UI along the way). Not sure. Would be too bright for me. After all, darkness is somewhat dull by nature.

tbm

Post by tbm »

It's OK, I just couldn't work out why my active tab colour didn't match the breadcrumb bar in dark mode when they both have the same colour settings. Didn't realise about smart dark mode/adaptive dimming but it's fine, I just enabled 'Match selected tab with breadcrumb bar' and they match now.

tbm

Post by tbm »

Just thought I'd say, having now had a play around with XY for just a couple of hours this morning... wow!

You've obviously put a huge amount of thought, time and work into this, so many options - well worth the price!

:appl:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! :D :beer: