XYCopy next background job window always focused

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Millzey

XYCopy next background job window always focused

Post by Millzey »

I have background jobs and queue copy operations enabled, and often I have several jobs queued up. The problem is when the next job starts the copy window always get focused out of nowhere and if I'm in the middle of typing or hitting hotkeys, and I dont know what the heck I've triggered on the progress window, and I've often accidently cancelled some operations that I never even knew about and lost files. I've looked over the options and can't find a way to keep the xycopy window backgrounded when going to the next copy job. Am I missing the option?

Thanks

nas8e9

Re: XYCopy next background job window always focused

Post by nas8e9 »

Can't confirm with XYplorer 20.20 on Windows 10 1809 x64. What is your Windows version?

Millzey

Post by Millzey »

XYP 20.10 and Win7 x64

btw thanks for checking

GregH

Post by GregH »

I'm experiencing a similar issue where delete/copy notifications go "behind" XYplorer rather than in front. This happens regularly. For example, I was copying about 65 .JPGs from my phone (connected via USB) to PC and it appeared the job had stalled. I was able to close XYplorer and saw the file exists notification which had been underneath XY and waiting for me to select overwrite, skip, etc. I didn't know it was there.

XYplorer 20.20.0200
Win 10 Pro x64 ver 1809

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

GregH wrote: 19 Jul 2019 16:27 I'm experiencing a similar issue where delete/copy notifications go "behind" XYplorer rather than in front. This happens regularly. For example, I was copying about 65 .JPGs from my phone (connected via USB) to PC and it appeared the job had stalled. I was able to close XYplorer and saw the file exists notification which had been underneath XY and waiting for me to select overwrite, skip, etc. I didn't know it was there.
Could you post a screenshot of Configuration > File Operations?

Separately, you didn't see a button on the taskbar for the notification that was behind XYplorer's window?

GregH

Post by GregH »

Screenshot attached. No button on the taskbar.
Attachments
XYplorer Config File Ops.png
XYplorer Config File Ops.png (187.74 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

GregH wrote: 19 Jul 2019 16:27 For example, I was copying about 65 .JPGs from my phone (connected via USB) to PC and it appeared the job had stalled.
I wonder whether the source being your phone is significant. I think that's a different protocol (MTP) and I'm not sure Custom Copy supports that?

GregH

Post by GregH »

I am having the same thought. Copying from my phone, even with say just 50-60 files (roughly 155 MB) just took 3 minutes. It looked as if XY was unresponsive for about 2.5 minutes then up popped the copy notification and the copy itself took less than 10 seconds.
It must be the phone + USB.