Change the defaults for what columns display.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Meester

Change the defaults for what columns display.

Post by Meester »

I've decided that I don't want to see the Created Date or Accessed Date as columns anymore. I would like to change the default column selection. I know how to turn those two columns off in the current tab, but how do I do that on all tabs and all future tabs?
In other words change the defaults of what columns will be displayed. I thought there was a selection on the right-click menu when picking on a column to "set as defaults", but it's not there now. :( Anybody?

highend

Re: Change the defaults for what columns display.

Post by highend »

Define your column layout
Menu - View - Folder View Settings - Define this Folder View as Default
File - Save Settings

This won't change columns on other existing tabs (you have to do that manually or close and open them again)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Meester

Post by Meester »

Thank you, that was it! Now maybe I need to set up a button to restore view to the defaults. To work on the others as I click on them. :)
highend wrote:Define your column layout
File - Save Settings

This won't change columns on other existing tabs (you have to do that manually or close and open them again)

David.P

Post by David.P »

highend wrote: 25 Oct 2014 00:33 Define your column layout
File - Save Settings
Aaaahhg -- this doesn't seem to work anymore, at least not fully? I did exactly all of the above, then switched to dual panel layout, and sure enough, the other panel still had the unwanted old columns?

Thanks for help

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

David.P wrote: 10 Jul 2019 11:32 Aaaahhg -- this doesn't seem to work anymore, at least not fully? I did exactly all of the above, then switched to dual panel layout, and sure enough, the other panel still had the unwanted old columns?
Does it work if you follow the same steps in the second pane and save settings?