New Tab Set Problem--wiping all my current tabs!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
diannelamerc

New Tab Set Problem--wiping all my current tabs!

Post by diannelamerc »

(I'm sorry, I'm sure something like this has been asked--and answered before--but I couldn't find it scrolling and the (advanced) search refuses to look for "tab", "new", or the phrase in quotes, all I get is anything that includes "set"--maybe that's a second question?
Searched query: +tab +set.........................ignored: tab
Searched query: +"tab set".........................ignored: tab How do I get around this?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My actual question was about tabsets--I'm trying to learn to use them and I'm messing *something* up.

I realized I had a whole bunch of tabs connected to one project open in a pane, but I need to put that on hold and work on something different for a while. I tried paper folders, but realized that seems to be for files/folders/search results--o.k. Tab sets sounds perfect: If I can save off this set of tabs as a unit I can then close it and open it later when I'm back to the first project.

So, I make sure I'm in a single pane (so as not to confuse anything), I have all the tabs I want to save, so I create a new tab set, give it a name, ...and immediately all my carefully collected tabs are wiped in favor of a single "Your Computer" tab, that I assume is the beginning? of a new set I'm meant to build from scratch?

What am I doing wrong? Are tab sets not meant to save off collections of tabs? (Is there any way to get my collection of displayed tabs *back*?)

I'm frustrated--having thought I was finally getting to use a new feature to help with my work, and instead having it wipe all the relevant tabs I had open. :(

Help?
TIA
Been using the registered version for years now; just starting to take time to play around with some of the more advanced features when I get the time. So I may well be on here periodically... like when I've, uh, broken something... :oops: :? :roll:

yuyu

Re: New Tab Set Problem--wiping all my current tabs!

Post by yuyu »

You don't have to create new tabset for that, you need to save your current one. Tabsets > Save As...

diannelamerc

Post by diannelamerc »

Yeah, I've spent the past hour (or so) playing around with them

Major discovery: the right-click menu on the icon! :oops: That suddenly made everything make a lot more sense! Options! We love them! :)

(Also completely missing the "Tabsets" entry in the dropdown menu and trying just to work from the single toolbar icon. :oops: :oops: This is what happens when you try to learn too many things too fast and start forgetting where everything is. :roll: )

Thanks for the reply, though. If I hadn't decided to keep picking at it myself I'd still be lost in a maze of "open" or "reset" and thoroughly confused!

:tup:
Been using the registered version for years now; just starting to take time to play around with some of the more advanced features when I get the time. So I may well be on here periodically... like when I've, uh, broken something... :oops: :? :roll:

highend

Post by highend »

How do I get around this?
Use e.g.
tab set site:www.xyplorer.com/xyfc
in the google search box and this includes all other features of the search
if necessary (+, -, double quotes around search terms, etc.)...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

diannelamerc

Post by diannelamerc »

And thank you as well! (I should have thought of that--doh!)

:)