Make "Manage FV" anwenderfreundlicher

Features wanted...
prino

Make "Manage FV" anwenderfreundlicher

Post by prino »

Right now I'm editing dozens of Folder Views to replace the drive with an asterisk. Every time I'm finished with one, the complete dialogue closes and I have to start again by opening it. I've tried, outside XY and with XY closed, to directly edit the settings, but that doesn't (seem to) work.

Also, given the recent addition of more changeable attributes (I think "Temporary" and "Offline"), the "Attributes" column has started to show "..." on many saved FV's, and there is no way of changing those column widths in the saved FV's, so I'm also changing those.

In other words my wish:

Please change, like the multiple file-rename dialogue, the "Manage FV" dialogue to actually edit the Folder Views as pure text, even if there would be some (limited) restrictions on what can be done, or, as a stop-gap measure that would make me, and possibly others, (a bit) happier, change the dialogue to stay open after editing one FV!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
At last, a tiny bit of programming here... :mrgreen:

highend

Re: Make "Manage FV" anwenderfreundlicher

Post by highend »

I've tried, outside XY and with XY closed, to directly edit the settings, but that doesn't (seem to) work.
It works as long as it is done correctly. It requires two changes per folder, one at the full definition of it and then again
and the end of the file for the list entries...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

prino

Post by prino »

Maybe, but looking at the data in HxD, it seems to contain, not unsurprisingly, fields containing lengths, which makes it (nearly) impossible to change a

"d:\01-lift\04-liftnotes\trip *\"

into

"*:\01-lift\04-liftnotes\trip *\|*:\*\01-lift\04-liftnotes\trip *\"

setting, which I would use for backups.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
At last, a tiny bit of programming here... :mrgreen:

fishgod

Post by fishgod »

prino wrote: 10 May 2019 11:06 Every time I'm finished with one, the complete dialogue closes and I have to start again by opening it.
+1 for not closing the Manage FV List after editing one individual entry from it. This also bugged me some weeks ago while changing my FV definitions.

I also have another idea for improvement:
Import/Export of column definitions in the edit dialoge. Sure I can go to the desired path and export/import the column definition there, but than I have to reopen the manage dialoge again to update the path definiton because it contains multiple pathes with Wildcards and not just ja plain plath...
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win7 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted