Shortcut - Previous image

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MaxEnrik

Shortcut - Previous image

Post by MaxEnrik »

Is there a chance to set another shortcut for 'Previous Image', please?

RalphM

Re: Shortcut - Previous image

Post by RalphM »

Your chances of getting useful answers would exponentially increase if you gave a few more details to your reports/wishes.
Which context, what are you doing now to achieve desired results and how would your suggested change improve your (and hopefully other users) experience?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

( English is not my native language, I am not able fully understand all phrases, and write down my thoughts, but I will try again (as usually). )

Thank you for your reply.
I try to set '0' or '1' KB shortcut for 'Previous Image' if is it possible to do, how can I set it, please?
Because I don't find 'Previous Image' command on Customize Keyboard Shortcuts window.

jupe

Post by jupe »

:eh:

I'll have a guess since you still aren't making it clear what you are trying to do, but maybe this is what you are after:

#535 Go | Go to Previous Item in List (Shift+Alt+F7)

I understand there may be a language barrier although you must realize that just saying "Previous Image" is very vague, are you in floating or full screen preview, or using the preview pane or panel, which means the list has focus etc., each can affect the answer you need. The up/down arrow keys go to next and previous images when they are next to each other in the list, so I assume you don't just mean you are trying to do that task?, because obviously that could be taken to mean exactly what you are asking, although unlikely.

Please try and be concise with your questions, it gets frustrating when forum users are requesting help but we have to play 20 questions, make guesses and assumptions etc.

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

Sorry about my poor English.

So, I would like say again that I am trying to set special Keyboard Key ( / eg: 0 or 1 ) for 'Previous Image' in Full Screen Preview. (maybe I missed to mention 'in full screen preview')
Of course, I know I can go next and previous images with 'PageUp/Shift+Space/WheelUp, or PageDown/Space/WheelDown'. But that keys / mouse wheel Up/Down not comfortable for me.
I would like to mention I try to find answer to my question first in XYplorer Help pdf, then jumping XY forum and search who asked before me and Googling.

So I need to mention I don't jump 1st here. When I ask in here (XY forum) it means I didn't find an answer with other methods.
I spent a lot of time to translate in English, I hope you understand me.

jupe

Post by jupe »

No, worries about asking for help, please don't take what I said the wrong way, just try and be clear with your questions so we know how to help, and thank you for looking in the help file and forum search for answers first, a lot of new users don't seem to.

Now to the problem at hand, customize keyboard shortcuts don't apply to the floating preview, so you can't use it there only when you have the main XY window active, so the options you have for your task are all the ways you already mentioned, as well as the arrow keys I already mentioned, one other option is to use the script functionality of the floating preview, but then your shortcut key would be fixed as being F8, would that be satisfactory instead of 0 or 1 ? It would only be a 4 char script, so you don't need to write a script yourself, just add a command id to the script button in the floating preview tag bar.

Or you could script an external app to make your shortcut key of choice work only when floating preview window is active, but you seem disinterested in that option from my previous suggestion in another topic.

Alternatively using UDC and a XY script you could make 0 or 1 work but only when the main window is active, not while the floating preview window is, it would still be visible obviously but not active, but you'd lose live filter/type ahead find functionality, using such key as 0 or 1.

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

( When I open XY at the same time I open Acrobat Pro DC and always XY help opens and its at 1st tab. )

Thank you for your understanding and your well explained answers. Unfortunately zero knowledge of coding/scripting.

I really need to change 'Previous Image' shortcut to exactly key number '1' ( if not possible secondary '0' / or maybe nothing else ).
I would like to mention I don't use 'Floating Preview / F11' at all and I don't know what is pane or panel I mean I never ever used them.

I use all time Full Screen Preview ( I really love it because its regularly updating (without additional act for refreshing) new images even while copying/pasting and even editing footage ).
So, if there is a chance to customize 'Previous Image' in Full Screen Preview then I will not use my 2nd hand for Previous Image.
Currently I use 'Shift+Space / Space'. Unfortunately Shift Space very uncomfortable for me.

( by the way I used 'Space' bar for full screen mode in other applications, and I know not a chance to customize 'Space' bar for Full Screen Mode / Preview in XY. All OK for me. (I already read about that in other user topics.) )

jupe

Post by jupe »

Ok well if you aren't content with any of these multiple already existing options:

Up, Left, F8, PgUp, MouseWheel, Shift+Space, scripting an external solution or even piecing one together from AHK snippets found on the web, then I think you are out of options unless someone else here has a suggestion I've overlooked.

Off Topic: Also you have now just confirmed you are actually using Adobe PDF which I guessed might be the case when I alluded to it in the other topic here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20410#p169312 but you seem to have ignored it, anyway I think that will most likely be the source of your crashes (which are rare IMO without the external Adobe influence), keep in mind you are free to still use it as an external app for opening PDFs as you do now, but I still recommend installing an alternative PDF Preview Handler only for XYs use in the preview windows, otherwise the Adobe plugin will probably continue to cause you crashes and their associated issues. There is extensive information on this subject on the forum already if you happen to search it, here are a couple of informative topics to get you started if they are helpful at all:

https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=PDFpreview
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=160217#p155736

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

I believe you 2 times mentioned about scripting / ahk snippets.
Thank you and I really highly appreciate that that you trying to show me the ways how I can solve my issues.

1. Need to ask am I have to learn script language to set key number '1' for 'Previous Image' in Full Screen Preview?
2. I just Googled about ahk snippets, could I ask for snippet for key number '1' for 'Previous Image' in Full Screen Preview, please?

I will answer to your 'off topic' comment in that topic > viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20410#p169372.

jupe

Post by jupe »

No, you don't have to "learn" scripting per say, for example one variant of the script in its most basic form could only be this 1:: Send {Up} which took me just 2mins research, so as you can see, its not like I was suggesting you write up pages of scripting and spend weeks learning a language, but the hard part is making it only active while the fullscreen preview window is open, I don't know enough about AHK myself to do that because I rarely use it, and don't want to devote my time to finding out for you, that's why I suggested it to you to follow up on yourself, since it is you that wants this so desperately. As an easier workaround you could make it launch when you enter fullscreen preview and then taskkill when you exit fullscreen, but that will probably require a tiny XYPlorer script also. Or possibly some other members on this forum might have an example pre-made script or be willing to write it for you and they could reply to this topic, you could wait in hope.

Another alternative would be finding an external hotkey or macro program that might have key re-mapping abilities which would be a solution not requiring any scripting, but as I have repeatedly mentioned all the solutions to do it require 3rd party apps since you aren't satisfied with the multiple XY native options at your disposal, so maybe you could go on one of their forums and ask how instead.

This is the last of my replies on this subject now.

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

You explained well, and showed many ways that how I can achieve my goal, so I just thankful to your efforts, thank you!
I will try about it at this weekend, hope I will do it by myself and I will share it here if I will achieve it.

Happy weekend, @Jupe!