Skin: Mosaic

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
sfwood

Skin: Mosaic

Post by sfwood »

Another skin for use with the new XYplorer PatchImages skinning system. For usage, see documentation for the Onyx skin here--
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20333
mosaic.preview.png
mosaic.preview.png (156.31 KiB) Viewed 4925 times
mosaic.bright.zip -- full color & brightness version
mosaic.faded.zip -- color faded to 50%
mosaic.gray.zip -- completely grayscale (maybe not quite as intuitive for some buttons)
mosaic.xtra.zip -- extra and alternate images for ctb's and menus (alternates need renaming; best not to put extras in "IconsPatch" folder)
[edit 2019.04.10] zip files updated--icon file names standardized and extraneous hidden files removed.
[edit 2019.04.10] zip files updated--grayscale versions bg's fixed, "delete" icon & other small fixes, custom icons moved to own zip
[edit 2019.04.11] new preview & faded version added; zip files updated with fixes & new hidden items & folder view images
[edit 2019.04.13] zip files update w/ misc fixes & new rfo image with prev rfo image moved to extras
Attachments
mosaic.bright.zip
(419.88 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
mosaic.faded.zip
(413.9 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
mosaic.gray.zip
(404.84 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
mosaic.xtra.zip
(86.39 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Last edited by sfwood on 14 Apr 2019 09:02, edited 9 times in total.

bdeshi

Re: Skin: Mosaic

Post by bdeshi »

These are beautiful!

some of the gray version images have a white background. I think they will look just fine without that.
Also you can significantly decrease the package size by removing the Thumbs.db files.

On a pragmatic note, I think removing the .mosaic[-gray] suffixes from the image names will be better for application. This way, I can just copy them overwriting existing active skin images. On the other hand, with the suffixes, I end up with duplicate files, requiring manual cleanup (for now).
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

Thanks for feedback. Glad you like. File names standardized and db files removed (silly ghost filter.. :?) from zips per suggestions. Will have to investigate the white bg's in gray icons. I confess the grays are a bit of a side project that didn't get nearly as much attention but white bg's shouldn't be there. Let me know if you see any other issues.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi sfwood, very nice skinsets. Thank you.

I noticed when I ran Sammay's "_unlock.sys" on the mosaic or mosaic-gray skinsets that we get an invalid key on two of the keys "dpbackupto" and "preview-tab-info" on code line patchimage $key, '', $size;. It only occurs on those two key image files. There is a dpcopyto and dpmoveto but no dpbackupto. Sammay's key files obviously use a specific naming configuration and the script uses that but the script runs fine on the Mosaic and Mosaic-gray skinsets other than those two key files. I couldn't find them in the Customized Toolbar listing so they must be invalid. Thanks again. :tup:
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

klownboy wrote: 10 Apr 2019 13:36 we get an invalid key on two of the keys "dpbackupto" and "preview-tab-info"
Yeah, to be expected. Those are extra icons for custom buttons / menu commands. Safely ignored by XY at startup but if Sammay's "_unlock.sys" script iterates through all files in the folder and tries to force them in XY's not going to like that. I will handle however Sammay tells me to--he's the boss. :)
preview-tab-info.png
preview-tab-info.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 5008 times
dpbackupto.png
dpbackupto.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 5008 times

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks. Sammay's _unlock.xys script is simply looping through a designated folder and unlocking the patch files (i.e., using SC patchimage to remove the patch image) so when it comes across one that doesn't exist, there's a hiccup. Burp! :) Maybe there is someway in the script to ignore an image file that has no corresponding XY's built-ins to avoid the error or just not place any image files in the skinset folders which do not have a corresponding XY built-in.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

klownboy wrote: 10 Apr 2019 17:43Maybe there is someway in the script to ignore an image file that has no corresponding XY's built-ins to avoid the error or just not place any image files in the skinset folders which do not have a corresponding XY built-in.
There's no way to detect invalid keys at the moment, and I'm not very enthuasiastic about manually managing a potentially dynamic list of acceptable keys in _unlock.xys or any future skinset utility. I'm afraid those hiccups are here to stay unless Don does something about it.

I'd argue the <PatchImagesPath> is not really a place for storing arbitrary icons, so supplying extra icons as a sub-skinset package (as I've done with Onyx.extra) is probably a good way to go, until some better community standard is achieved.

I myself keep a <xyicons>\ctb directory whence all my ctb icons are sourced. My skinning workflow would be to place images from those extra skinsets and if needed rename them to ctb-specific names, and that completes ctb skinning. This cannot be scripted in a one-size-fits-all process though.
[ this user is asleep ]

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I had tested a few things myself and I couldn't find any way to test for a valid XY built-in key. I mentioned that only because I figured you may at some point be devising a way through a menu or whatever to change skinsets or revert back to XY's original. Your _unlock script does its job nicely as long as we're using valid keys.

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

First day fixes--zip files have been updated twice with following changes:
icon file names standardized
extraneous hidden files removed
grayscale versions bg's fixed
"delete" icon corrected & other small fixes
custom icons moved to separate zip file

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

you may want to add skins for the keys :fvsp and :fvsd too.

Code: Select all

fvsd              = Folder View Settings [disabled]
   fvsp              = Folder View Settings [active]
[ viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19929 ]

Otherwise the stock fvs button sticks out like a sore thumb when browsing a folder with fvs active. :whistle:
[ this user is asleep ]

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

SammaySarkar wrote: 11 Apr 2019 08:20 you may want to add skins for the keys :fvsp and :fvsd too
yup--these have been added to the image zips linked in original post. the 50% color version is there now too. thanks.
Attachments
fvs.png
fvs.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
fvsp.png
fvsp.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
fvsd.png
fvsd.png (3.03 KiB) Viewed 4924 times

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

nice. more choices too, great! :biggrin: