Run as Administrator

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
itsMe2

Run as Administrator

Post by itsMe2 »

I have faced the same issue a couple of times and don't know how to deal with it, so let me try and ask here.

I am logged on to my system with a normal user account (non-adminstrator). Sometimes I need to access other computers by browsing to \\computername\c$
On the Windows Explorer this will show me a logon screen and I can use my administrator credentials to access that system. But unfortunately, XYplorer does not show that logon screen, it just says "Access denied". I guess it's the same with local file paths where I do not have permission as my normal user account.

The other option I've tried it to run XYplorer as my administrator users but... apparently this requires an extra license.

Does anyone know how can I access the paths where I do not have permissions as my normal user account?

highend

Re: Run as Administrator

Post by highend »

Do you have this setting enabled:
Configuration | General | Controls and More | Network | Assume that servers are available
?
apparently this requires an extra license
It doesn't...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

itsMe2

Post by itsMe2 »

Regards the license, I will enter the license information when opening XYplorer with my administrator user account.
highend wrote: 09 Apr 2019 16:26 Configuration | General | Controls and More | Network | Assume that servers are available
I have set this option but it makes no different. There is no popup asking for credentials.

highend

Post by highend »

Was it set or did you set the option to test it?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

itsMe2 wrote: 09 Apr 2019 16:52 Regards the license, I will enter the license information when opening XYplorer with my administrator user account.
If you use the same ini file (preferably not in a user specific location) your license information along with all the other settings will remain the same.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)