[DONE] Switching tabs with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

Features wanted...
elqasar2

[DONE] Switching tabs with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

Post by elqasar2 »

When switching tabs with PgUp and PgDn while holding Ctrl, I notice that the contents of the List are only shown after the Ctrl key is released. Even though the tab header has changed after each press of PgUp or PgDn.

I use this key combination in a few other applications, especially web browsers. And they all change tab immediately after the KeyDown event on PgDn or PgUp (i.e. while the Ctrl key is still down).

I understand there may be reasons for the current behavior (such as if there are slow/network tabs you wish to skip over), but would it be possible to at least make an option for XYplorer to do the actual tab switching on each KeyDown event for PgUp and PgDn like in other applications?

bdeshi

Re: Switching tabs with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

Post by bdeshi »

Open Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts. You'll see Ctrl+PageUp/Dn are assigned to Cycle Tabs Backward/Forward, Delay Browsing. Just reassign them to Cycle Tabs Backward & Cycle Tabs Forward
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

elqasar2

Re: Switching tabs with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

Post by elqasar2 »

Thanks, that worked. I switched the two sets of shortcuts around so that Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn do instant tab switching just like web browsers, and Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab do delayed tab switching.

hari3

Re: [DONE] Switching tabs with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

Post by hari3 »

In KB shortcut's where is this setting

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

In the shortcut editor dialog, press Ctrl+Page Up, then click the link that appears below "Currently Assigned to:".
Or click the "Jump" button and start typing "cycle tab", then double click on the results.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

hari3

Post by hari3 »

Under customize Kb shortcuts in which category ?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

If you would do what Sammay suggested, it will take you to the proper shortcut and you'd see that Cycle tab falls under category "Miscellaneous".
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440