Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:On 10-10-2007 there will be the release of 6.40, together with a new price, a new license policy, the new GUI looks, and a lot of promo talk... and THEN, I will add all those nice little things on the road map... :D
"Very nice!" Actually, I had checked the "Beveled border" option cause I liked it better that way, but with new tabs it does looks better unchecked, so now I'm using the complete new look (and I like it) 8)
Well done!
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

jacky wrote:"Very nice!" Actually, I had checked the "Beveled border" option cause I liked it better that way, but with new tabs it does looks better unchecked, so now I'm using the complete new look (and I like it) 8)
Well done!
Even though I *was* against the flat style, I have to agree with Jacky here. :shock:

zridling

Post by zridling »

Really like the new borders, and something I also really appreciate is the ability to look at the title bar and know exactly which version of XYplorer I'm using. I'm a beta follower, so that's essential when learning and studying changes/new features.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

ramza__x

I also loved too :)

Post by ramza__x »

Very nice!
XY looks lighter and sharper too :)

ramza__x

very sweet!!!

Post by ramza__x »

that was very sweet File Associations, very nice!!!

Portable Embrace File Associations!!

coz, at school they had photoshop for all the image files :(
damn slow to open it that way

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Code: Select all

+++ Another milestone on the long and winding road to superior 
      productivity and file management fun: User-Defined Commands (UDC)! 
Oh yeah, those look damn cool! And your decision to go menu-wise was a really good one IMO.
I'm already all excited & can't wait for more commands to show up :D

Once again, very nicely done, Don!

Code: Select all

- I took the chance to open the door to one of the next big 
        XY features: scriptability! Internally the UDCs are already 
        processed as scripts. 
*drools* 8)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

graham

Post by graham »

Contrary to my original plans (then called "Scriptable Hotkeys") I
did not implement them key-based but menu-based.
I was getting worried - no betas, life became boring and then...

Great! I am so glad you went down the menu route - for those of us who are not coding every day it is refreshing to have a 'helping hand' guide you through and accomplish a result without pain.

This really is a major step forward and I hope there are many legs to this 'menu approach' to build in powerful user routines without the skill and knowledge of the technical competent. Much appreciated, thanks.

zridling

User-Defined Commands -- WOW!

Post by zridling »

Once again, Don, you have blown my mind and shown that you're way, way ahead of my wildest imagination for such a feature. Thank you for taking the time to incubate this idea; it truly is intuitive as you say. And for those using short catalogs, this feature allows you to bypass it if you choose, in favor of a direct keyboard shortcut.

Es ist unglaublich!

I have a Lifetime license, but this is why I like the donation link. So if you have an extra €/$5 or more laying around, consider throwing it at Don!
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

panorama

Post by panorama »

Wow :!:

ugus

Post by ugus »

Just one word!

Superb! 8)

Well done again, Don.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I'm having a feeling that some of the 6.50.0001 features will go right over a number of users heads... :wink:
Because a bit of it still has me going "huh?" and I thought I was pretty good at this stuff! :roll:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

panorama

Post by panorama »

j_c_hallgren wrote:right over a number of users heads... :wink:
whooosh!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

panorama wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:right over a number of users heads... :wink:
whooosh!
:) The nice thing is: you don't need to learn all this. It's just a nice option. It does not even have any interface that clutters the vision. And users can easily exchange commandlines which you then just have to copy+paste.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Hey, I am loving the new beta. Thanks again for great slick coding and great support like always. 8)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

I was trying to use the XYplorerFree and realized how much has been added since Jan2007. Though I once used and enjoyed that version I cant imagine going back because of so many cool features now like CKS, UDC to name a few.
WOW!! Now thats a lot of hard work for a one man enterprise. I wish there were more DONs, :lol: .
Thanks Don! I am having great fun. Happy coding. :wink: