Mouse Up Show Down with left click

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
elqasar2

Mouse Up Show Down with left click

Post by elqasar2 »

I was just reading about Mouse Up Show Down and decided to try it out. I can get it working with a right click on folder icons in the List, but I if I uncheck 'On right mouse up', which I understand to mean that it should work with left mouse up, I can't get it to work when left clicking on folder icons in the List.

I then tried opening a fresh XYplorer, where I see that the default is for Mouse Up Show Down to use a left click in the List. I just had to enable the parent option 'Folder contents preview'. And then it seems to work fine (in fresh) with left click.

Is there a known setting or settings that can interfere with Mouse Up Show Down that can be causing it to not work? I thought maybe Hover Box could be to blame, but if I enable Hover Box in the fresh version then Mouse Up Show Down still works there with left click.

elqasar2

Re: Mouse Up Show Down with left click

Post by elqasar2 »

I should have posted this under Bug Reports.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Make sure this is enabled: Configuration > Preview > Mouse Down Blow Up > Mouse Up on Folder Icons > On left mouse up
It's adjacent to the 'On right mouse up' option.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

elqasar2

Post by elqasar2 »

Thanks. The way it's laid out I thought 'On left mouse up' was a setting associated with 'In tree' and that 'On right mouse up' was a setting associated with 'In list'.

It still doesn't make sense to me that 'On left mouse up' and 'On right mouse up' are checkbox options. Surely the choice between left, right, and both should be a radio button or a dropdown. Otherwise, after enabling the feature you can still be left in the situation where it actually isn't enabled for any mouse clicks.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

elqasar2 wrote: 09 Mar 2019 13:49 Surely the choice between left, right, and both should be a radio button or a dropdown.
Good idea. +1.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]