Possible create script that (1)Copy tab name;(2)Open dialog Rename Tab;(3)Paste tab name?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cadu

Possible create script that (1)Copy tab name;(2)Open dialog Rename Tab;(3)Paste tab name?

Post by cadu »

Hi,
Is it possible to create a script that (1)Copy tab name;(2)Open dialog Rename Tab;(3)Paste tab name?
Yes? How to?
Many thanks for the info!
XYplorer_2019-02-21_21-11.png
XYplorer_2019-02-21_21-11.png (29.77 KiB) Viewed 502 times

jupe

Re: Possible create script that (1)Copy tab name;(2)Open dialog Rename Tab;(3)Paste tab name?

Post by jupe »

Isn't the dialog in your screenshot already prefilled with the current tab name already?, or when you say paste tab name you are just trying to remove the "D: " prefix?

Anyway while probably possible to do it the way you have requested, in my opinion the more correct way would be re-creating the input dialog yourself and entering the old tab name directly (so no clipboard involved). So if you look up these 2 commands in the help file and read up about them you should be able to do what you want.

input()
tab()

with tab() you can get the old title, and perform the rename, and you can make input() look very similar to the inbuilt dialog, and you can pre-fill it with the current title you retrieved with tab(), or if you know the title you want beforehand then you can rename it directly without the input dialog even appearing.

cadu

Re: Possible create script that (1)Copy tab name;(2)Open dialog Rename Tab;(3)Paste tab name?

Post by cadu »

jupe wrote: 22 Feb 2019 02:38 Isn't the dialog in your screenshot already prefilled with the current tab name already?, or when you say paste tab name you are just trying to remove the "D: " prefix?
I filled the name manually. It was just to simulate what I needed.

Many thanks for the directions!