IS their A Way To Sort Color Filters Independently?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JamesT602

IS their A Way To Sort Color Filters Independently?

Post by JamesT602 »

I am in thumbnail view.

I blanket sort by Name (reverse order).

I also have color filters for files 1day old, 2 days old, 3 days old,

now I would like to know if theirs a way I can sort the color filters to display in ascending order.

Now with my settings as such my sorting falls as i.e.

From Top To Bottom.
1 Day old -[E,D,C,B,A] | 2 day old - [C,B,A,] | 3 day old - [D,C,B,A,]

I would like it to be,

From Top to Bottom
1 Day old -[A,B,C,D,E] | 2 day old - [A,B,C,] | 3 day old - [A,B,C,D]

RalphM

Re: IS their A Way To Sort Color Filters Independently?

Post by RalphM »

I guess you would need a sort-able custom column with the age in daysand then do a secondary sorting by name but I'm not sure you can do all of this in a pure thumbnail view.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

JamesT602

Post by JamesT602 »

RalphM wrote: 08 Feb 2019 09:26 I guess you would need a sort-able custom column with the age in daysand then do a secondary sorting by name but I'm not sure you can do all of this in a pure thumbnail view.
Yes, It possible in other view list style just thumbnails seems it not possible. Maybe ill make a wish request.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Well you can secondary sort in thumbnails view if you enable this:

Configuration | General | Sort and Rename | Sort | Show sort headers in all views

alternatively you could use the scripting command sortby() and if I understand your example properly (doubtful) then sorting by the default Date column and secondary sorting by Name should work without need for a custom column, but anyway the custom column script should be pretty straightforward for you to create if required.