Synchronize Type Ahead Find on Dual Panes

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Synchronize Type Ahead Find on Dual Panes

Post by VeeGee »

Good evening,
Is there an option that would display the Type Ahead Find results in both panes at the same time ? Maybe there is a better way, but today I had to search in my top pane active tab and the bottom pane active tab for the same pattern. I would type my TAF pattern in the top, switch to the bottom pane and re-type my TAF again.

Was searching to see if there was a "sync" toggle that would allow me to type in one pane and have it apply to both.

jupe

Re: Synchronize Type Ahead Find on Dual Panes

Post by jupe »

There is no built in option, but you could script something like it, (although sans real-time adding of chars):

Code: Select all

$taf = input(); focus; sendkeys $taf; wait 400; focus "PI"; sendkeys $taf;

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Thanks jupe! That is a really slick way to do it and it works great. I added it to my User Defined Commands and modified a copy to work with the Live Filter Box as well (w/a reset command too) :
Image-153.png
Image-153.png (18.19 KiB) Viewed 631 times
I'm trying them both out to see which I like/use more. Using the LFB is easier to see the results, but requires an extra step to clear the LFB box when done (easy w/the scripting). TAF is great too; however, for some reason when it matches something in both panes, only the top pane results are moved to the topmost position. The bottom pane is always 6 positions down (even when there is room for it to move up). Here is an example of searching using the TAF script for DEFENDER :
Image-154.png
Image-154.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 631 times
For testing, I modified the script to focus P1 and then P2, selected P2 to start, changed the timer, etc. all seem to have the same result where the P2 results are shifted down for some reason. Odd.
When using LFB, if there are dual results, they are both at the top due to how that filter works.

Code for reference:
TAF:

$taf = input(); focus "P1"; sendkeys $taf; wait 400; focus "P2"; sendkeys $taf;
LFB:

$taf = input(); focus "P1"; focus "LFB"; sendkeys $taf; wait 400; focus "P2"; focus "LFB"; sendkeys $taf;
Reset LFB:

focus "P1"; focus "LFB"; sendkeys "{ESC}"; wait 400; focus "P2"; focus "LFB"; sendkeys "{ESC}";
Thanks again for your help!

jupe

Post by jupe »

It looks like maybe the second pane is honoring the scroll margin:

Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Usability | Scroll margin

Also in the case of the LFB you could do it this way as well (possibly more reliable/faster):

$q = input(); filter $q, 8; focus "PI"; filter $q, 8;
OFF:

filter , 8; focus "PI"; filter , 8;
Another way you could use these is via adding them as a aliases (taking params) which would allow keyword search from address bar, Ctrl+G etc.

PS: Global Visual Filter would be applied to both panes simultaneously, without focusing each individually, so maybe it might suit what you are trying to do setting a temporary GVF too.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Seriously, is there anything XY can't do ! The level of options and customization is endless.

Thank you again for your help and suggestions. My scroll margin was set to 0. Doing some experimenting with it this morning, it seems to not move the result to the top in the pane that was not active when I run the script. Unless this is an XY bug, won't matter at this point because after working w/the GVFs, that may be the ticket for me. They too are super powerful and are giving me the results I need. With so many options, I'll go through them all today and fine-tune my process.

I updated all the scripts based on your edits, they are much smaller and work better. I now have every combination working - TAF, LFB and now GVFs !