Quick Question re: 'Computer' Taskbar Button

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Dustydog

Quick Question re: 'Computer' Taskbar Button

Post by Dustydog »

How do you add things to the...second part of the menu button where it shows "User", "Downloads", etc.

I'm talking about the button that physically looks like a computer, shows the name of my computer, and the bottom section can be used to quickly switch drives.

I know this is likely obvious, but I simply couldn't find it.

jupe

Re: Quick Question re: 'Computer' Taskbar Button

Post by jupe »

You can't.

Although you could map a drive letter to a folder with SUBST command, which would add to the bottom section of that menu, or alternatively just recreate the button & menu as a script (even just a text file of paths) then you have total freedom.

Dustydog

Re: Quick Question re: 'Computer' Taskbar Button

Post by Dustydog »

So: Links, Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Main User Folder are hard coded? (I assume "yes" from your previous answer, just making absolutely sure.) And yes, your suggestion of making a scripted button is probably the best solution (or just leave it alone!), though I'll need to think clearly about how to dynamically show the currently active drives.

Sorry it took me too long to reply and thank you - I do appreciate the time you took.