lifetime discount notification

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
rerolpYX

lifetime discount notification

Post by rerolpYX »

Hi.

I would like to purchase a lifetime license, but cannot afford $80 (even though I am certain the author deserves it). I am wondering if there is any way to be notified the next time XYplorer goes on sale for $40 lifetime, such as in a newsletter or by subscribing to a particular forum thread. I can wait 6 months, a year, or more - I've already lived more than 50 years without it! Unfortunately, I am currently wasting too much time checking the website every few days, it's driving me bonkers! :?

Thanks!

RalphM

Re: lifetime discount notification

Post by RalphM »

So you're saying you could afford $40 now and are willing to wait 6 months or more, so put $5 aside every month and in 8 months time you have got the extra $40 saved for it. What happened to the general willingness to save money for something before buying it?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

rerolpYX

Post by rerolpYX »

@RalphM

Judgy much?

I take in a modest income. I cannot afford everything I would like to have. I don't drink $8 beers - not because I would not like to - not because I don't have $8 - not because I couldn't save $1 per week for 8 weeks - but because I don't value it enough given my means. I don't hold it against the brewer - he can charge whatever he likes. If those $8 beers ever go on sale for $4, I may decide I can afford that little luxury.

XYplorer is for me a luxury - mostly superfluous. For me, I would be willing to pay $40 for a lifetime license. I am hoping to have that opportunity. I am not demanding it, or implying it is owed to me, or saying it is overpriced. If it turns out that I am never able to purchase the software, that's OK. There are many $8 beers I will never drink.

For you, $80 may be nothing. You may also drink $8 beers. Good for you. But perhaps you could at least take a moment to consider that others' circumstances may be different than yours before spouting trash like "What happened to the general willingness to save money for something before buying it?"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There may be a promotion on Cyber Monday 2018...

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Sorry if it came across like this, all i wanted to give you is a way out of your dilemma and being a bit old-school (might have to do with me not being a spring chicken anymore) must have led to that last sentence.

XYplorer is most definitely more than worth its price (probably my best investment in any software in the past 20 years) and I personally wouldn't go for anything but the lifetime license, so maybe this helps to make you reconsider putting those $5 aside per month.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

rerolpYX

Post by rerolpYX »

@admin - Thanks. I will keep my fingers crossed.

@RalphM - Thanks for understanding.

rerolpYX

Post by rerolpYX »

Got it. Thank you!
:D

blendertom

Post by blendertom »

I agree, is there a newsletter of something similar I can sign up for to be notified of a deal on license?
Your work is well worth the $80, tbh.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, welcome to the club!

No, there is no newsletter. But I can tell you here and confidentially: There won't be any discounts for a long time. The next might be on Cyber Monday 2019...

Don