Several Newbie Questions about Windows Dialogs, AHK, Logitech Setpoint

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
HeinziTuberkel

Several Newbie Questions about Windows Dialogs, AHK, Logitech Setpoint

Post by HeinziTuberkel »

Hi,
I'm fairly new to XYplorer - still in the evaluation phase - but I'm trying hard to make it replace the Windows Explorer as completely as possible. (Win 10)

1) I'm making heavy use of the catalog and now I'm beginning to miss it in the Windows File Open and File Save Dialogs. Is there any way to integrate XYplorer in a way to even replace these Explorer Windows?

2) Copy/Move/Delete files from/to Network folders: when copying files to a network drive/folder using XYplorer, the view of that folder is not updated after the copy process finishes. Is there a way to change that?

3) I'm using Logitech SetPoint to assign special functions to some mouse buttons (Double Click, Alt-Left, Alt-Right, etc.) and Autohotkey (AHK) to launch programs via Shortcuts. Both (SetPoint and AHK) seem to be blocked as long as XYPlorer is the active window. Is there a way to pass global Shortcuts, if XYplorer doesn't "need" them?

Sorry, if I'm asking stupid questions or duplicates, I just couldn't seem to find these topics in the forum.
- and thanks for any Ideas or hints.

jupe

Re: Several Newbie Questions about Windows Dialogs, AHK, Logitech Setpoint

Post by jupe »

I'll answer the first couple questions.
  1. No.
  2. Yes, set this option: Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh | Include network locations

highend

Post by highend »

3) AHK is surely not blocked (in any way) while XY's window is active
I stopped using their crappy driver software 15 years ago so I can't comment on SetPoint (using XMouseButton here
for my 5 button Logitech trackball)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

HeinziTuberkel

Solved: Several Newbie Questions about Windows Dialogs, AHK, Logitech Setpoint

Post by HeinziTuberkel »

Hi again,
thank you for your quick answers.
1) sorry to hear, though understandable.
2) Great, that was easy.
3) Thanks for the hint about XMouseButton.

and 3) again: still my AHK shortcuts don't work, when XYplorer is focused, but I'll try to find out, what else might be causing this. If I can't find anything, I guess I'll have to ask again.

highend

Post by highend »

What happens when you use your AHK scripts running independently from SetPoint and what if you use a shortcut that is NOT used in XY?
Do they work in that case?...

Tools - Customize Keyboard Shortcuts - All Free Shortcuts button to show which combination is unused

HeinziTuberkel

Post by HeinziTuberkel »

I've got some concluding comments on (3) - just in case someone stumbles upon the same thing.
X-Mouse does unfortunately not support all functions/buttons on my Logitech MX Revolution, so that doesn't work, but I found out why SetPoint and AutoHotkey didn't work.
When I tried to set "XYplorer in the context menu" and "XYplorer as default file manager", I got the message "You need administrator rights to change this setting".
I changed my XYplorer shortcut to "always start as administrator".
As soon as this setting is activated, Setpoint and AHK don't work anymore - I suppose because they are run under a different account(?).
So the solution is to start XYp as Administrator ONCE, change that setting and therafter always start it as the "normal" user.

Well, thanks again and hope this might help someone else.
BTW: Now i REALLY have to buy a license :wink: :titter:

highend

Post by highend »

As soon as this setting is activated, Setpoint and AHK don't work anymore - I suppose because they are run under a different account(?)
Applications can't communicate with each other when one has lower permissions than the other (precisely: the one with the lower permissions can't communicate with one with higher permissions).
So the solution is to start XYp as Administrator ONCE, change that setting and therafter always start it as the "normal" user.
Seems the scope is set to "For all users on this computer" here:
Configuration | Other | Shell Integration | Default File Manager | Scope
That's the reason why using admin permissions was required (once)