Recycle Bin status

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Recycle Bin status

Post by admin »

So when you say status you are just talking about the icon, right?

BTW, I just emptied the Recycle Bin in File Explorer, just to see how it does it. Wow, failed miserably: The list was not emptied, and the icon disappeared completely. :mrgreen:

Nighted

Re: Recycle Bin status

Post by Nighted »

Did the water go clock-wise or counter clock-wise?
I want XY to serve soft ice cream. Please Don, make XY serve soft ice cream.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Latest official release, Windows 10 x64 1803.

I currently have a Recycle Bin CTB as follows :
Name : Empty Recycle Bin
Icon : %recycler%
On Left Click : #642

Here are some scenarios that I am running into :
If I open XY and my Recycle Bin is empty - the icon is correct on the toolbar (empty).
If I open XY and my Recycle Bin has items in it - the icon is correct on the toolbar (full).
If the icon on the toolbar is empty and I delete a file within XY, the icon does not update to full (stays empty). If I restart XY, the icon is correct.
If the icon on the toolbar is full and I use the CTB (above), the Recycle Bin empties but the icon does not update (stays full). If I restart XY, the icon is correct.

Is it possible to update XY so that the Recycle Bin icon/status is updated as necessary ? Empty icon when emptied, full icon after a delete, etc. ? or is there some other method that I should be using on my CTB, e.g. some other command or icon setting ?

jupe

Post by jupe »

I haven't tested this so it might not work, I assume your problem is because toolbar icons are cached, if you add the following in the left click action it might force a refresh, at least for when you click it, live updating after a delete operation is another problem though.

Code: Select all

#642; wait 1000; ctbicon('%recycler%');
I don't want to empty my recycle bin to test it, but you might.

highend

Post by highend »

The OP reused the first posting of the thread to advertise -> Banned. Splitted all postings into a new thread with a new title...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Marco

Post by Marco »

Don't feel like opening a new thread for this, anyway when I empty the RB, the icon in the Tree is updated but the List is not. On latest beta (19.10.0002).
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This should be fixed with v19.10.0102.