Customize Toolbar - make easier to use

Features wanted...
aurumdigitus

Customize Toolbar - make easier to use

Post by aurumdigitus »

Am a frequent TB tinkerer. When using the Customize Toolbar box it would be an advantage if the Up and Down buttons would continue to move the selected item instead of having to be clicked for each and every increment.

yuyu

Re: Customize Toolbar - make easier to use

Post by yuyu »

Buttons can be dragged with mouse. Or by holding ALT+u or ALT+d keys.

highend

Post by highend »

Or by holding ALT+u or ALT+d keys
Here I can only use Ctrl (instead of Alt) to do that?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

yuyu

Post by yuyu »

highend wrote:
Or by holding ALT+u or ALT+d keys
Here I can only use Ctrl (instead of Alt) to do that?
CTRL+arrows (and yes, that seems better) or ALT+letters U/D.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Sorry to piggy back this wish, but I have a long-standing quasi-related request I'd been waiting for an opportunity to ask for. I find myself frequently wanting to add a button to the far right of the toolbar when testing things quickly for forum users etc, so would it be possible to make it so that a selection in the left list and a Ctrl+Click on the Add button (and/or a Ctrl+Double click in the LH list if that is easier to implement) adds it to the bottom of the RHS list, therefore the far right of the toolbar, if it isn't too much of a hassle please? Currently to do that task takes multiple steps.

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

I second jupe's wish. My buttons for trying out scripts always land at the beginning, I also be happier with the end as default. Maybe a tweak would be enough, so when I open the Customize Toolbar and don't click on Current Buttons, the "Add" could put the button at the end instead of the beginning.

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Thanks to all. This is very useful information to have and will be added to my "XY Toolkit". That said it lies somewhere between arcane and esoteric.

Feel the original suggestion still has merit for those not numbered among the cognoscenti. As Martin Luther said when brought before the Inquisition. "Here I stand; I cannot - I will not recant". :biggrin: