search by date

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Pablo4s

search by date

Post by Pablo4s »

Hello everyone! I saw that in the info panel search, by date, there are many options, but I have not found (if any) the option to look for files created / modified 2 days ago, 3 days ago, etc ... in only that day, es. look for files modified on 12 July, or on 11 July .. (from h00.00 to h23.59.59) is there any way to do this? without having to indicate the time range in the 2 inputboxes?

jupe

Re: search by date

Post by jupe »

You can enter things like below in the Name field of the find panel without using the Date tab.

ageM: 1 d

You can paste the following into the XY address bar for more information if you are interested:

Code: Select all

::help "idh_find.htm#idh_findfilesbydate";

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

jupe wrote:You can enter things like below in the Name field of the find panel without using the Date tab.

You can paste the following into the XY address bar for more information if you are interested:

Great! Great! Great!! Thanks a lot!!!

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

jupe wrote:You can enter things like below in the Name field of the find panel without using the Date tab.

but .... if I have to add a part of name in my search? or extension?

jupe

Post by jupe »

You can enter it just like I put it after the name or extension, eg.

:filename AND ageM: 1 d

:*.ext AND ageM: 1 d

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

jupe wrote:You can enter it just like I put it after the name or extension, eg.

:filename AND ageM: 1 d

:*.ext AND ageM: 1 d
thank you very much. I looked at the help of the program with your link...., is there a chance to save these strings? and recall them with a quick key? or add them to the menu?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Just press F1 while the name field of the find panel has focus, then for example click on "Find Files by Date and Age" etc,

Also F1 help topic direct access works in most places within XY, the help file is an fantastic resource, I use it extensively, and encourage others to do the same, it has much better answers than I could ever hope to provide.

If you are going to be doing similar searches regularly, you can create search templates or you can also script searches, eg. you could script a popupmenu with those strings you are talking about if you so desire, again the way to do this is described in the help file, so with some effort on your part the possibilities are endless.

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

jupe wrote:Just press F1 while the name field of the find panel has focus, then for example click on "Find Files by Date and Age" etc,

Also F1 help topic direct access works in most places within XY, the help file is an fantastic resource, I use it extensively, and encourage others to do the same, it has much better answers than I could ever hope to provide.

If you are going to be doing similar searches regularly, you can create search templates or you can also script searches, eg. you could script a popupmenu with those strings you are talking about if you so desire, again the way to do this is described in the help file, so with some effort on your part the possibilities are endless.
thanks for the explanations and for your kindness !!