Probléme avec Kasperski

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
RecycleBin

Re: Probléme avec Kasperski

Post by RecycleBin »

admin wrote:
RecycleBin wrote:I'm having a, perhaps related issue: Windows is giving the "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting".
Let me know if that problem persists.
Upgrading is not urgent for me, so I will wait to bypass Smartscreen for a few more days, see what happens, and let you know.
I have seen Microsoft take a number of days to stop 'alerting' on something, so it may yet clear up.
Although I'm not seeing anyone else mention it...so maybe it is just me.

In any event, as of Tuesday evening (east USA) the Smartscreen box is still popping up.

mrsiro

Probléme avec Kasperski

Post by mrsiro »

Bonjour
I installed the new XYplorer 19.00 and now Kaspersky delete the XYplorer.exe file. K detect a UDS : Trojan.Win32.Hesv.

What can i do ?

Thank you for your help. Sorry my english is too bad !

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Exclude all the XYplorer exe files in the installation folder from Kasperski scanning, maybe even the installation exe.
I've excluded them from Norton for at least 10 years and never had any problems.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

RecycleBin

Post by RecycleBin »

Just FYI - this message ('Window protected your PC') still persists with current version (and all versions since 19 was released in late May) of XY.

admin wrote:
RecycleBin wrote:I'm having a, perhaps related issue: Windows is giving the "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting".
Let me know if that problem persists.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is your Windows connected to the internet? It probably needs some update...

RecycleBin

Post by RecycleBin »

admin wrote:Is your Windows connected to the internet? It probably needs some update...
Just FYI: this finally resolved today (no SmartScreen warning for the first time since the new code signing). No idea why it happened, or why it resolved now. To the question above - yes, O.S. fully up to date, Windows checking and installing updates (mainly Defender) multiple times daily. So a mystery, but now resolved.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to know. :tup: