Floating Preview Zoom level resets when updates occur elsehwere in folder

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Jerry

Floating Preview Zoom level resets when updates occur elsehwere in folder

Post by Jerry »

[Not sure if this is a bug exactly or an unfortunate side-effect, but it's a nuisance. The behavior is not new.]
Here's the use case: I'm viewing an image in floating preview that I have temporarily zoomed into so I can better read the text. In another program, I am editing the contents and/or names of other files in the same folder, based on the text I'm seeing in the zoomed image. When I save any changes to those files from inside the other program, the zoom level in the floating preview automatically resets to the default zoom. So I end up having to view the image with a separate viewer to avoid this reset.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

jupe

Re: Floating Preview Zoom level resets when updates occur elsehwere in folder

Post by jupe »

It sounds like just an Auto-Refresh action, you can suspend auto refresh temporarily with Ctrl+R or

View | Suspend Auto-Refresh

or add the toolbar button, while you are performing the renames.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Yes, auto-refresh does seem to be the cause of the issue. Thanks.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You could right-click the image in FP and tick "Lock Zoom" to handle this, but I made it work even without this in the next version. So you can just wait for the next beta. :)

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote:You could right-click the image in FP and tick "Lock Zoom" to handle this, but I made it work even without this in the next version. So you can just wait for the next beta. :)
Good to hear, Don. Thanks.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks for the fix in v18.90.0132. I just discovered another variation of the issue (using 19.00.0002):
When I pop up and rename the parent folder containing the viewed image, all in XYplorer, the image zoom setting reverts as in the other situation.

(Renaming a parent folder based on information I am seeing in an image within is another typical use case. For example, renaming an album folder based on information in the image of the CD case or page in the booklet.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Confirmed. But I decided it's too minor to add a workaround (which would be pretty complex).