Can you hide DVD drives

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
gwa000

Can you hide DVD drives

Post by gwa000 »

Is it possible to hide DVD drives from a specific pane?

My UI has the standard Tree on the left side. On the right portion I have vertical Dual Panes.

On the top pane I have a tab for each hard drive (both internal and external drives). I use this pane for bouncing around between the different hard drives.

On the bottom pane I have two tabs both of which are at the top level of the computer (i.e. a list of all of the drives present). I use this if I want to have different folders open for the same drive.

Since the bottom pane is at the top level it lists all of the hard drives as well as the 3 DVD drivespresent. This consumes real estate which I could use by making the top pane bigger.

Is there a way to hide the DVD drives from the bottom dual pane but at the same time not hide them from the tree on the left?

Thanks!

jupe

Re: Can you hide DVD drives

Post by jupe »

AFAIK it is not possible, but what you could do is instead of having the pane location of "This PC" is create a folder that has shortcuts to all your drives in it, leaving out the DVD drives, that way you could just have the drives you wanted contained in it, downsides are that it won't be dynamic (USB drives won't automatically appear in it) and also it won't show the space used bar graph.

gwa000

Post by gwa000 »

jupe,

thanks!!

that does the trick barring any XYplorer feature to hide DVD drives, that may or may not be present. at least for the one drive i tested it on it appears to do what i want. i'll add the other drives later.

i'll leave the "This PC" tab so i can see the DVD drives as well as the space statistics. but i'll create 2 tabs containing the drive shortcuts and have one of these tabs be the active one. this will enable me to shrink the bottom pane thus giving a slightly expanded view of the top pane.

as far as it won't be dynamic i usually use File Explorer anyway when i plug in a USB thumb drive.

you mentioned a "space used bar graph". i only see space statistics in a few columns. is there a feature to turn on a graph so that the view would display a bar graph similar to File Explorer?

highend

Post by highend »

you mentioned a "space used bar graph". i only see space statistics in a few columns. is there a feature to turn on a graph so that the view would display a bar graph similar to File Explorer?
You have View - Views - Small Tiles (64x64) active (under "Computer")?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

gwa000

Post by gwa000 »

highend,

Thanks!!

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

Update. So is there any way to hide the DVD drive in the "Computer" tab? since it is used very rarely? and possibly display it only if necessary? thanks

highend

Post by highend »

Probably by using
Configuration | General | Tree and List | Items in Tree and List | [ ] Show portable devices

but this would hide all other non-fixed drives as well...

Can't test that, I don't use DVD-drives anymore
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

gwa000

Post by gwa000 »

my "Show portable devices" is not checked and the CD/DVD drives appear.

i hope that in the future that an option can be added to not display CD/DVD drives. there is an option in:

Tools --> Configuration --> General --> Tree and List --> Items in Tree and List --> Show floppy drives

for floppy drives. maybe an option could be added for CD/DVD drives.