Save predefined layouts for reuse

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
RPrinceton

Save predefined layouts for reuse

Post by RPrinceton »

Hello,
I am trying to construct task specific layouts and then have the ability to define shortcuts that introduce a specific layout via the command line switches.
e.g., I may want to copy between two instances of Documents & Settings so I would have two vertical panes of the Documents & Setting folders , I may want to have a layout that contains tabs each of which points to a client's folder etc.
There are many save dialogs in this product, e.g., Save settings, Save configuration, Exit saving, Tabsets Save As, Save Layout etc. Is there a save that saves everything to a single file that can be read in via the command line switches so the desired layout is displayed? Near as I can tell there is an .ini file but it seems to get overwritten based on the latest layout.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
RPrinceton

highend

Re: Save predefined layouts for reuse

Post by highend »

Probably the easiest thing would be to load a full .ini file (which includes the necessary layout, tabs, etc.)

Configure as necessary, then:
Menu - File - Settings Special - Save Configuration As -> <your name>.ini

Configure again, again that menu entry, etc.
Put them in XY's data folder if possible...

And then you can load them via:
<path to XY> /ini="<your name 1>"
<path to XY> /ini="<your name 2>"
etc.

Other solutions would require more effort...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

RPrinceton

Post by RPrinceton »

Thank you Highend.
I will try your suggestion.
Regards,
RPrinceton

autocart

Post by autocart »

I now have exactly the same or almost same problem.

However, saving the config as a separate ini file and then loading it later on shows that especially tabsets where not saved with it. Is this normal? What is the solution for that?

UPDATE:
Never mind. It is just bad UX-design *and* bad documentation. "Just" closing the tabs one does not want and opening the tabs one wants to save with the config in the ini file does not really work. The tabsets must be saved/set extra for each pane individually under a unique name prior to saving the config as ini file. That's how it seems to me, at least, for now.