Toolbar

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Manifold wrote:Mmm. How does it work in Firefox then?
Well, I guess Firefox is written in another language...
Actually, the main menu is about the last thing in TrackerV3 I've not written from scratch myself. IF i would do that, THEN of course I could place the toolbar on the same row. But this is very very low on my todo-list... :wink:

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

I await it eagerly. :)

Chris Wood

Hide toolbar option?

Post by Chris Wood »

Yeah, I've seen applications apart from Firefox which can move the toolbar to beside the menubar.

But can we pleeeease have an option to hide the toolbar? I use lots of tabs, so the screen space does matter to me, and I know I'll never use it...
test everything. hold on to the good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Manifold wrote:I await it eagerly. :)
Relax, it won't happen before version 5 :D

pissant

Re: Toolbar

Post by pissant »

admin wrote:I'm not planning to do a toolbar. It wastes screenspace and doesn't offer anything that you couldn't do faster with keyboard shortcuts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I know a (rudimentary) toolbar has been added, but I'm responding because the sentiment expressed here is one I see repeated again and again. The point being missed is that different people have different tastes, and different needs.

For example, regarding "wasted screenspace": It isn't a waste if it saves one time and aggravation. Also, I have a 25" monitor running 1920x1200 resolution. Screen space is something I have lots of. My point isn't "gee whiz isn't my monitor cool", it is that different people have different tastes and needs.

Regarding keyboard shortcuts: I grit my teeth just a little every time I see someone say this, when they are eschewing GUI elements at the same time. The reason is that I don't have the patience or memory necessary to learn specialialized keyboard shortcuts. This is especially true since so many developers tell you that you need to learn their keyboard shortcuts. Am I going to do that for each of the many applications I use on a daily basis? Can't, won't, shouldn't have to.

Chris Wood

Um

Post by Chris Wood »

You can hide the toolbar if you wish. AFAIK, you don't have to use keyboard shortcuts. Possibly the design could be better for people who don't use keyboard shortcuts, but unless you have a suggestion...
test everything. hold on to the good.

pissant

Post by pissant »

My suggestion would be a configurable toolbar, but since I haven't paid any money, I really have no standing to make a suggestion of any kind.

But my point wasn't really about the toolbar or lack thereof... It was regarding the "I don't use it ... I don't like it" type of responses I keep seeing.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, a configurable toolbar would be nice. It's already on my list.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:Yes, a configurable toolbar would be nice. It's already on my list.
See this:
http://www.trackerv3.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3343#3343